I've been trying to do things with M (and her cousins too who are visiting from OK) that will make good memories. Lorie Jo, Mr. N's sister, has a tradition we love of frosting sugar cookies each Halloween. We have looked forward to that tradition every year and are sad to miss it this year. So, today I made pumpkin shaped sugar cookies and frosting so we could frost them. Mr. N (my lifesaver!) helped. I made blue, green, white and orange frosting. We purchased sprinkles, candy corn & M&M's ahead of time too. I thought I was all prepared.
Needless to say I have a whole new level of respect for Lorie Jo. What a fiasco! I asked Rj (my sister's oldest son) after we were done how he liked frosting cookies with us and he said,
"It was a little bit of horrible."
That about sums it up! M was frosting the same cookie and then licking the frosting off over and over again. She was really hungry at the time so she was not in a good mood. The boys did great.
Mr. N was a tad bit stressed by the event, but was so great helping the boys frost their cookies. He also wasted no time in stretching his artistic wings!
When we were all done Rj was the only one who stayed to help us out with clean up
Our Finished product!!!
The kitchen was the innocent victim of cookie making. It barely made it out alive.

5 comments:
This was always one of my favorite memories as a child -- decorating cookies at Halloween and Christmas. (My mom loved to use chocolate chips to make the faces). We all got to be creative! My kids look forward to it each Halloween as well. Great memories to keep alive. Glad you all had fun!
The movie is Iron Man! I loved that movie... it was so funny. Great job with the Halloween memories. That is so funny what your nephew said. But at least you had all of the yummy cookies to eat!
I made Halloween sugar cookies today and mine don't look nearly as good as those. I hope they were yummy!
oh, is the movie quote from Ironman? I haven't even seen it yet, but I think that quote is from a preview or something.
That sounds fun! And the finished product looks great (and yummy!). And I have to say I laughed about rj's comment. "A little bit of horrible"?! Too funny.
Post a Comment