I may have accidentally weaned Baby L. Last night while nursing her she bit me. Following counsel I'd been given, I told her 'no' very sternly and thumped her in the cheek. Not too hard, but enough for her to get the message. The result was tragic. She looked at me and her whole face fell and she started bawling. I held her and rocked her, but she kept trying to get away from me. Finally she came back and we attempted our night time nursing again. Again, she bit me, so I did what I had done before. She started crying again and crawled away from me. She wouldn't come back to me until it was obvious I wasn't going to try to nurse her again. So, no nursing happened last night. I tried to nurse her a couple times this morning, but as soon as she figured out what I was trying to do, she scrambled away from me as fast as she could. She cuddle with me and hug me, but as soon as I try to nurse her she takes off.
I didn't anticipate this result. I'll try again tonight. I can't go too long without nursing though, unless she wants it to be permanently over...
As for M, she has taken an unexpected interest in L's crib this week. She's started crawling in there at every opportunity. She's never done that...in all the months we've had the bunk beds. Every now and again she would get in there, but not constantly like she is doing now. She's been taking all her naps in there and at night when we put the girls down she crawls in there with Baby L. At night it's becoming very frustrating because she keeps waking Baby L up, who then gets more and more upset each time it happens. I can't blame her. We've tried everything to keep her out, but she just won't listen! What we do now is check the girls about 1 minute after putting them to bed and if M is in there (which she always is) we just pick her up out of there and put her on the top bunk. She doesn't know how to get off the top bunk, so it is a temporary solution. Until she learns how to get down that is!

1 comment:
i can't get over how blonde l's hair is!
Post a Comment