Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thought for Mothers

We attended Stake Conference this weekend and it was really nice. It was broadcast from the Conference Center in Salt Lake, so we heard from Elder Porter, Sister Cook, Elder Hale & President Eyring.
Elder Porter said something that really struck me. He was talking to the mothers of young children when he said something to the effect of "The thing that worries me most are the sisters who feel guilt because they think they are never doing enough because they can't attend the temple frequently or participate in a Relief Society Service Project. And yet they are doing the most important work of all by feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, and imparting of your substance to the sick and afflicted. And that Heavenly Father would never hold such a thing against mothers because they are doing the greatest work of all." By no means is that verbatim. I wish I took notes...but then again I was juggling two kids at the time and didn't have an extra set of arms to do so. I just really liked what he said. I had never thought about that. It was nice to hear.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice to hear! Thank you for sharing... I love the Clothing the Naked, feeding the hungry bit... I never thought about it that way before either!

Eliza said...

Okay, so this was a timely post for me. Yesterday I was having a very difficult day in reference to the very thing you mentioned Elder Porter talking about...so THANK YOU!

Mrs. S said...

Glad you liked it. I've been struggling with the same things...so it was nice to have things put in perspective.

Katherine Ronachert said...

when they are younger and going through 20-30 diapers a day, i prefer the pampers, but after about 6 mos. i usually buy huggies. then after 1 1/2 - 2 years i go luvs.
weird i know.
but i've got problems.
i admit!
ps liked this post!

Marisa Jean said...

Never though of that. Good post. No, great post.

Carolyn said...

LOVED the thought! Thanks so much for sharing!

Where are you From???