They have a sand box that the girls love to play in. I think sand boxes are so gross, but whatever. The girls like it. Baby L is always trying to eat the sand. Gross!
they have invited us to use their back yard this summer when the girls want to play outside. I will almost definitely take them up on this offer because the swimming pool is opening back up the first week of June, and I'm terrified!
Here is Baby L trying to eat something. Probably grass. She has been so grumpy lately. On Mr. N's birthday she cut her first bottom tooth. The second followed 2 days later. I think she has more teeth coming in, but I'm not sure. Her top 4 teeth look swollen, along with her eye teeth on the bottom. Maybe she is doing some serious teething. Maybe it's nothing. She hasn't bitten me yet while nursing, but I've been so nervous about it. I've been debating about just weaning her before it happens. She already drinks milk and eats better that Little M, and I only nurse her at night anyways. I don't know what to do. I would like to stick it out for a year, but does she really need me? Who knows. Also, selfishly, I'd like to have my body be completely my own for the first time in 3 years. So many people are pregnant right now, and honestly I'm just so glad it's not me!
Anyways, the neighbors have this huge cage they keep outside that use to house an iguana (I think. There's a language barrier between the grandmother and myself). It was definitely some kind of lizard. The kids love to play in it.

At one point I walked around the corner to check on M and came back to find Baby L had squeezed herself into this smaller cage. She was so mad because she couldn't get out and she couldn't sit up. It was so funny. She was probably so furious that I snapped this picture before letting her out!
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's...
Oh wait, it's a plane. Living off the military base we see flyovers like this all the time. 3 planes like this were flying all over this morning doing some kind of drill. M loves to see all the airplanes.
And as to garden news, Mr. N's garden is doing really well. Bagosha (the Polish Grandma next door) has been giving us a lot of pointers. She grew up on a farm in Poland, so she knows a lot. And the garden has been doing great since we've implemented some of her tips. In the top picture we have corn growing.

In the bigger garden we have tomatoes, peppers, strawberries and raspberries growing on one side (top picture) and more corn, squash, zucchini, carrots, lettuce and spinach on the other side. We also have watermelon, peas and snap peas growing in containers. Hopefully we get a good yield this year!

2 comments:
Marisa sent me over to read your Thought For Mothers post, which was wonderful. Every mom needs some reassurance sometimes. Your kids are just adorable! Good luck with your garden, it looks great.
PS Hasn't anyone watched Ocean's 11 lately?
Gotta love the sun!!! I think sandboxes are disgusting too, but kids always love them! The girls are getting big!
Post a Comment