M is getting some freckles on her torso around her collar bone. I have the same freckles, so she has to get them from me. Actually, she has to get them from me because I don't think Mr. N has any freckles. She also has a birthmark on her calf that appeared at about 6 months. The skin is slightly darker and in a Z shape.
So anyways, our community has a Tumbling Tots class for 2 and 3 year old kids, and we signed Little M up for it. It only cost $35 for 6 weeks, which I thought was a pretty good price. Last night was her first class (and I forgot my camera!!!), and she did really really good! I expected her to do what she normally does in new situations, which is staying glued to my side (or being held) and sucking her two fingers like crazy (which his her preferred method of self-soothing). She did that at first. The teacher had us (parents have to participate with their kiddos) walking around in a circle and stretching. Little M didn't do any of that. The teacher then brought out these half bowls for the children (two for each child). They put one foot on each circle and practiced balance (she called it surfing). Little M actually did that and had fun. I was impressed at that point. I hadn't expected her to do too much. Then the teacher brought out beach balls for each child and that really melted away her shyness. Each child got a chance to throw a ball through a hoop, and Little M couldn't get enough of it. She would throw her ball through the hoop, get it, and do it again. Then the teacher set up a kind of obstacle course for the kids to go through. There was a mat for them to do a forward roll on, then put their ball through a hoop, then walk across some stars she put on the floor, then put their ball through another hoop, and then weave through some cones and finish up. Little M did fantastic. She loved the forward rolls and was definitely one of the best at doing them because she wasn't afraid. I was so pleasantly surprised by how well she did. Last of all the teacher brought out one of those huge parachute things that all the kids could play with together. That was a hit.

It was so fun to watch M interact in a structured class-like environment. She is getting to be such a big girl. I can't believe how big she is getting. It really is fun to watch her grow and learn.

2 comments:
The movie is Ever After - go girly movies!
Seriously awesome shirt for Lydia! As a sidenote, I have also recently developed some freckles, but on my face. You wouldn't expect that. . .
Post a Comment