Saturday, November 17, 2007

Her First Day of Life

So, A lot of mom's read this blog...and I just thought it would be fun to see newborn pictures of all the babies and maybe hear your birth stories.

So, here's our story!
I had gone into the hospital for a non-stress test to check how the baby was doing, my fluid levels, and blood pressure. They had done this 5 days earlier because my blood pressure had gone up and sent me home on bed rest. At the time we only had 1 car, so I dropped Mr. N off at school and drove myself to the hospital. I was sure they were going to send me home on bed rest again because I was only 39 weeks and my doctor was a Nazi against induction. Much to my surprise, they told me they were going to induce me! I didn't have my bag, or anything! All I had was my purse. I was in labor for 9 hours before giving birth. I got an epidural, but it didn't really take (big waste of money!!!). After 30 minutes of pushing she came! Mr. N and the doctor almost missed it. I had sent Mr. N home to get my stuff (because my sister-in-law had arrived). I had been in labor for 8 hours and was only dilated 5 cm. He left and 10 minutes later I was at 9 1/2 cm and being prepped to push. My sister-in-law had to call him and tell him to hurry back or he was going to miss it!



He got there just in time! Check out the shape of that head! It corrected itself in like an hour.




The 7-ish lb baby I thought I would have ended up weighing 5 lbs 14 oz
(I gained 40 lbs during my pregnancy and was actually hoping to give birth to a 30 lb baby...but not quite. Why, with such a small baby did I gain so much weight!!!



That's Mr. N holding her hand.

I'm not sure why this picture loaded small...I tried doing it 3 times.




After her first bath



I love how little babies sleep with their hands up


I love this picture...I just wish it was bigger.




"Guys, you woke me up!!!"




This is my sister-in-law. Thanks to her we have a lot of good picture of the whole birth. We named Little M the day we left the hospital. Mr. N never really wanted to talk about names until I made him in the hospital!
I'd love to hear all the other mom's stories if you'd like!

4 comments:

Megan said...

So sweet. Ya gotta love those tiny newborns!

I'll have to write about my birth experience...it was interesting!

Mrs. S said...

I'd love to hear it! I love birth stories.

Mrs. H said...

I found your page through Megan. Birth stories are sometimes fun to talk about with other Mom's. It's like our little war stories. If you are interested I put mine up about a week ago, the title is "Right Around the Corner..."

Melanie said...

Wow- what a story! Isn't it amazing what it takes to get these little ladies into the world?

Thanks for sharing!

Where are you From???