I got these baby food recipes from my friend. Her aunt wrote the book “Into the Mouths of Babes”, and it has a bunch of really good recipes. Little M has pretty much loved anything I’ve made from it. Her favorite is the Baby Rice Pudding (see below). I’ve tried it too and it’s really good!
Oatmeal Plus
1 ¼ cups water
¼ cup oatmeal
¼ cup chopped dates, raisins, peaches, or apricots
1 tsp. finely ground almonds (optional)
Bring water to a boil. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Puree in a grinder or blender and serve warm.
Baby Rice Pudding
½ cup rice
2 cups of milk (formula, breast milk, or water can be used)
1 egg yolk (or a whole egg is after age 1)
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
Rinse rice. Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; then simmer 1 hour. (Check to see if more liquid needs to be added). Let cool. Put through a blender or baby food grinder. Good served warm or cold.

No comments:
Post a Comment