
Finally, the day we get an extra hour of sleep is upon us...not that Little M will honor that. She'll just wake up at the same time, which will be 1 hour earlier!
Hooray!
I can't wait...
I really have no room to complain. She sleeps 12 hours, and what more could a mom want. I just know the next one will be an insomniac.
You know, new mom's are amazing! Your body has just gone through MAJOR trauma, sleep never happens, you're always half exposed (feeding time!), post-delivery hormones are raging, you change diapers like 10-12 times a day! Who wouldn't want that!
(Just kidding...I love being a mom....though I can't say the first 2 weeks were the best in my life. I don't do well on zero sleep. Honestly, who likes getting up at 1 am and finding a baby WIDE AWAKE ready to play)
Can I just ask...Why can't men at least have the breasts???
I remember the first time Little M slept 8 hours. I was so happy I almost cried. I felt so rested I thought I could do anything. Then she didn't do it again for about 2 months.
But, this isn't suppose to be the purpose of the post! Daylight Savings, remember?
Why is it suddenly in November? Isn't it almost always in October over Conference weekend? Well, so I though. Here's what happened.
It was conference weekend and Mr. N had Drill (He's in the Utah Guard). He went to bed early, and wanting to be a great wife, I changed the clocks. (remember, daylight savings is always conference weekend!) I didn't just change the major clocks...I changed the microwave, watches, alarm clocks, Mr. N's watch, the car clocks...everything that had a time was changed!
So, poor Mr. N wakes up to his cell phone alarm at 5 am (I didn't change the cell times because they are on satellite and they would change by themselves...right? Apparently not when it isn't daylight savings weekend!). He showers, gets mostly dressed, and then notices all the clocks in the house and his watch say its 4-something. He comes to the bedroom really confused and asks me what is going on with the clocks. I tell him they are right and to go back to bed. Very confused, he gets back into bed for another hour, then left for drill. When he got to the base, he was all impressed that there was no line to get in for once and excited because he was 20 minutes early.... Or so he thought! As soon as he pulled in he saw all the cars and thought, "Oh crap, what's going on???"
Neal said he wondered for a second if I was playing some kind of cruel joke on him. He ended up being 40 minutes late...not 20 minutes early. Luckily they are really laid back and the guard base and just laughed at him.
So, word of the wise! Don't change the clocks unless it says so on the calender. Don't be like me and think "I bought a silly calender that didn't tell me when daylight savings was!"

1 comment:
Love this story. Makes me laugh every time.
Post a Comment