That comment was made Not By Me, but by Mr. N this morning after hours of throwing up.
We're Dropping like Flies in this house!
Mr. N now has food poisoning. He woke up at midnight and threw up till about 7 am. He's asleep now. Little M is still really sick too. She's asleep now too.
Mr. N made the pregnancy comment because when I was pregnant with
Little M I was so sick!
All I did for the first 3 months was throw-up and lay on the couch. I thought I was going to die. I lost 15 lbs my first 10 weeks... It was not pretty. All this culminated in being admitted to the ER for dehydration and the discovery of Zofran.
Zofran is a chemotherapy anti-nausea pill. It cost about as much as liquid gold...but it kept me functional.
So...this has been a fun weekend. Yesterday was hard, but it was also very tender. Little M never sleeps in our arms. The last time I got to hold her when she slept was maybe when she was 3 months old. She was so weak and sick yesterday, that I actually got the chance to hold her while she slept for several hours. It was so sweet. I know she felt horrible, but as I looked at her sleeping, I was sure I had never seen a more beautiful baby.
I love being a mom, even at times like these!
Thanks to everyone whose checked in on us. We're managing.
But if I get sick...we're in trouble!

4 comments:
Hey! I'm sorry to hear that Little M and Mr. N aren't feeling well. I hope it gets better, and fast! And I hope you don't get sick! Someone has to be the caretaker!!!
I hope everything is going okay, let me know if you need anything. Did you make Mr. N take a pregnancy test? ( He is silly.)
Let me know if you guys need anything. Cook some potatoes in salty water and let them eat that. Little M can it that too. And some salty cracker. I'm sure you know about these things:)- but I thought I'll write that anyway:)
So come up if I can do anything for you.
Geez guys. Good luck with it all. Let us know if we can do anything.
Post a Comment