M is now in her 6th week of her Tumbling Tot's class and she loves it! She gets so excited each week when I tell her we get to go to her tumbling class. Last week we were a tiny bit late so we were running up the walk way, and M started yelling "Hold on! I'm coming!!!" It was so hysterical. M is taking the class with Kristal, her cousin (pictured) and Josie (not pictured) from our church.
Throughout the class the kids have these circles they sit/stand on to designate their area...or where they should be. I'm so pleasantly surprised at how well M does in a structured class environment. She loves it.
The kids also wear name tags to help the teacher out. M was being silly with her name tag today.

The first thing students do is stretch. Here's M stretching her arms above her head and then reaching down and touching her toes.
Here she is standing up and touching her toes.
This week's class was about transportation. The rings they sat in were their "boats" and they used the yellow things to paddle, or row their boats.

Then the looked through their paddles (like telescopes) searching for the stars. In the top right picture M was bringing it to me so I could have a turn.


Then the looked through their paddles (like telescopes) searching for the stars. In the top right picture M was bringing it to me so I could have a turn.

Next they turned their "boats" into steering wheels and drove around the room.

The teacher always does an obstacle course for the kids. This week's obstacle course consisted of sitting on the little cart and driving backwards down the "road" (in between the half balls - - the bottom left picture), doing forward rolls on the mat (top right picture), jumping over the crosswalk (second picture in on the top left), crossing the bridge (the bottom right pictures), and then weaving through the cones (a construction area).

The parachute activity comes last, and that is still the favorite for M.

I'm not sure what she was doing here, but it was cute.

At the end the kids sit on their circles again and stretch out.

They sing songs and clap together.


The teacher always does an obstacle course for the kids. This week's obstacle course consisted of sitting on the little cart and driving backwards down the "road" (in between the half balls - - the bottom left picture), doing forward rolls on the mat (top right picture), jumping over the crosswalk (second picture in on the top left), crossing the bridge (the bottom right pictures), and then weaving through the cones (a construction area).

The parachute activity comes last, and that is still the favorite for M.
I'm not sure what she was doing here, but it was cute.
At the end the kids sit on their circles again and stretch out.
They sing songs and clap together.
Then they put their hands on their heads and the teacher gives them a stamp. There are 2 weeks left of the class, and I know M will be so sad when it's over. It really has been fun to do this with her. It's nice to have some Mommy-Daughter time.

2 comments:
The class looks like so much fun! I bet she just loves it! I'll definitely have to find something fun like that for Elyse when she gets old enough!
M is so cute!
Funny story... Desiree was with me the other day and she said, "Where's my great-aunt Hila?" And I said, "She lives far away, sweetie." And then she said, "I miss Abby." Based on where this conversation stemmed from, I was pretty sure she was talking about M, so I said, "Do you mean M? The little girl you played with during Thanksgiving?" And she said, "Yeah." And I said, "I know, sweetie." And she said, "Does M live far away too?" And I said, "Yes." And she said, "Ohhh (like in that sad little 'aw-shucks' voice) But I don't want her to live far away." I thought it was cute. Thought you might get a kick out of it :).
Post a Comment