Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Do you ever wish you could shoot lazer beam's out of your eyes???

I do.
Today especially. Here's the story. I'm growing my hair out again because it's easier to maintain and I can go a good 4 or 5 months between haircuts with longer hair. I loved my short hair, but because of limited funds I've decided to let it grow. This morning it had been 4 1/2 months since my last cut, and it was really needing some attention. I called the place I went to last time and it went something like this:
Me: I'd like to set up an appointment with Julie.
Them: Oh, she no longer works here, but you can walk in and have your hair cut.
Me: Um, is there someone there who's really good? I don't want to have my hair cut by someone who doesn't really know what they're doing. (I know that sounds rude, but this is my hair we're talking about!) Hehehe
Them: (a tiny bit snotty) We're all really good here. No one is learning.
Me: Fine. Thanks.
My gut instincts told me to wait, but like the idiot I apparently am, I ignored it and went to have a hair cut by someone who "knows what they're doing". Seriously, when am I going to just start paying attention to prompting!!! I'm such an idiot. I went in there and got a trim. I honestly didn't like the look of the cut when she'd finished, but it looked okay so I figured I'd deal with it. I tried to examine it in the little mirror behind the visor in the car, but it was difficult. It still seemed off. I had to stop at the library afterwards, so I went in to the bathroom to get a better look at my new hair cut. I almost started crying when I got that better look. It's horrible! Neither side is even! The layers start at completely different lengths (like my nose verses my chin!) and one side is way more layered than the other. Then I have this random clump of long hair hanging down a good 1/2 inch. Seriously, I have never had a worse haircut. I called them from the library and they told me I'd have to come in and get it re-cut. I told them no way and that I wanted a refund and was going to go to my mom's salon. So now I'm waiting for 1:00pm to go in and talk to the manager about a refund. Seriously, I'm not usually oversensitive about my hair. I normally just deal with it. I've never gone back. I've actually trimmed my hair myself with scissors in the past to fix little things. This haircut is so beyond ruined that I don't know how short they're going to have to make it to make it alright. I'm so irritated. I'm not opposed to short hair, it's just that I was growing my hair out and I'll probably have to have an extra haircut in a few months to shape my short haircut so that it will grow out nicely. Grrrr.
That place should be called "Hair Butchery".

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh no! A bad haircut really is the worst. But good for you for going back and getting a refund. Be sure to spread the word so no one else you know will have the same experience!

Lauren Davison said...

Well shoot! That is the worst! I'm growing my hair out too, and it is a pain! :) Granted, I don't think your version of short, and my version of short are quite the same, but still... :)

Nilla said...

Ugh. Sorry to hear about this mess. I don't often get hair cuts. My mom trims mine. I am more stressed now that it just seems to be falling out and not getting better (still). Some days I'm not sure the two doctors I talked to were right... Anyway, I hope you got it fixed to where you are content with it. And yeah, don't go there again! I can't believe that happend.

Where are you From???