
I did this survey on facebook and thought I'd post it here too. Fitting for M's 2nd birthday. She loved all the cake and ice cream and had a great time with her wonderful presents. Happy Birthday M!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yep
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I couldn’t believe I was actually pregnant. It was a very surreal experience
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Never
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 24 when I got pregnant
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I had just gotten off of work and I realized that I was late. My body pretty much runs like clockwork, so I knew something was up. I took a test and it was positive. We were both very excited.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? I called Mr. N on my way home from work and told him my suspicions. He was there when I tested.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes. That is my reward for making it through 20 weeks of sickness
9. DUE DATE? February 14, 2007
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? How about “constant I want to die and no one prepared me that it could get this bad” sickness… I throw up for 9 months. Look up Hyper emesis. That’s me.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Cold cereal. I would get about ½ way through a particular box of cereal and then be totally repulsed by it and have to buy a new kind. By the end of my pregnancy we had about 20 different kinds of cereal (literally). It was that way with both.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Being so constantly sick that I really forgot what it was like to feel healthy! I use to cry so much because I just felt so sick (like having the flu). The good thing about the flu is that you know it’s over in 24-48 hours. I felt just as sick (except no body aches and cold/hot flashes) but I knew I had months ahead of me! Depressing….
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Female
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? I knew Little M was a girl. I was so excited to have a sweet little daughter. I would be perfectly content with having all girls if that is what God wanted. I’d love a boy too, though!
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN? 40-ish. I have high blood pressure at the end which made me pack on a lot of water weight.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes, 2
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew
18.DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Hyper emesis and Hypertension (high blood pressure).
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Utah Valley Regional Medical Center
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 9 hours from the time they started me on Pitocin.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? I drove myself. I had been put on bed rest the previous Friday when I went to the hospital with high blood pressure and had a non-stress test. They would have induced me then, but I was 38 ½ weeks pregnant and they wanted me to hold out for 39 weeks. So at 39 weeks the scheduled me to come in to the hospital for another non-stress test to monitor me and the baby. I was 100% positive they would send me home on bed rest again so I dropped Mr. N off at school and drove myself to my appointment. I was completely shocked when they told me there wasn’t enough improvement and that they would be admitting me to the hospital and inducing labor. I called Mr. N crying to tell him the news. I was really scared and all alone. Poor guy had to walk the 2 or so miles from BYU campus to the hospital because we only had 1 car and I wasn’t allowed to leave.
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Mr. N and my sil Lorie Jo
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural.
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? with a silly epidural that didn’t take and left me in just as much pain as before except with numb legs. Really helpful. I found out later the problem was the doc put the epidural in the wrong vertebrae. At the time I didn’t know that it didn’t take. I had heard stories about people sleeping and reading books while in labor and I couldn’t figure out HOW they could do so with so much pain.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? A tiny 5 lbs. 14 oz.
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? February 7th (TODAY!!! Well, today minus 2 years…)
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME YOUR CHILD? Little M P E
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? Two. Happy Birthday Little M!
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yep
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I couldn’t believe I was actually pregnant. It was a very surreal experience
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Never
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 24 when I got pregnant
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I had just gotten off of work and I realized that I was late. My body pretty much runs like clockwork, so I knew something was up. I took a test and it was positive. We were both very excited.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? I called Mr. N on my way home from work and told him my suspicions. He was there when I tested.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes. That is my reward for making it through 20 weeks of sickness
9. DUE DATE? February 14, 2007
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? How about “constant I want to die and no one prepared me that it could get this bad” sickness… I throw up for 9 months. Look up Hyper emesis. That’s me.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Cold cereal. I would get about ½ way through a particular box of cereal and then be totally repulsed by it and have to buy a new kind. By the end of my pregnancy we had about 20 different kinds of cereal (literally). It was that way with both.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Being so constantly sick that I really forgot what it was like to feel healthy! I use to cry so much because I just felt so sick (like having the flu). The good thing about the flu is that you know it’s over in 24-48 hours. I felt just as sick (except no body aches and cold/hot flashes) but I knew I had months ahead of me! Depressing….
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Female
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? I knew Little M was a girl. I was so excited to have a sweet little daughter. I would be perfectly content with having all girls if that is what God wanted. I’d love a boy too, though!
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN? 40-ish. I have high blood pressure at the end which made me pack on a lot of water weight.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes, 2
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew
18.DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Hyper emesis and Hypertension (high blood pressure).
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Utah Valley Regional Medical Center
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 9 hours from the time they started me on Pitocin.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? I drove myself. I had been put on bed rest the previous Friday when I went to the hospital with high blood pressure and had a non-stress test. They would have induced me then, but I was 38 ½ weeks pregnant and they wanted me to hold out for 39 weeks. So at 39 weeks the scheduled me to come in to the hospital for another non-stress test to monitor me and the baby. I was 100% positive they would send me home on bed rest again so I dropped Mr. N off at school and drove myself to my appointment. I was completely shocked when they told me there wasn’t enough improvement and that they would be admitting me to the hospital and inducing labor. I called Mr. N crying to tell him the news. I was really scared and all alone. Poor guy had to walk the 2 or so miles from BYU campus to the hospital because we only had 1 car and I wasn’t allowed to leave.
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Mr. N and my sil Lorie Jo
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural.
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? with a silly epidural that didn’t take and left me in just as much pain as before except with numb legs. Really helpful. I found out later the problem was the doc put the epidural in the wrong vertebrae. At the time I didn’t know that it didn’t take. I had heard stories about people sleeping and reading books while in labor and I couldn’t figure out HOW they could do so with so much pain.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? A tiny 5 lbs. 14 oz.
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? February 7th (TODAY!!! Well, today minus 2 years…)
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME YOUR CHILD? Little M P E
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? Two. Happy Birthday Little M!

2 comments:
Wow! Has it already been two years! It's seems just like yesterday! I'm glad I was able to be with you at that special time!
I love this story more each time I hear it!
Post a Comment