I love the Internet. Kind of. Mostly I do. Yesterday the TV and Internet went out and it was amazing how much time I had. Yet, the Internet helps me feel connected to my family and friends so far away. It helps me with my little business. It helps me find answers to questions.
Questions like "How do you get crayon off the walls when your adorable two year old decides to secretly take off with a crayon and 'decorate'."
Mr. N discovered the crayon colorings (in non-washable crayon I must add). He tried soap and water. He tried a scrub brush. He tried various cleaners.
Then he tried google.
Thank you google. Who knew that "toothpaste" was the answer! I never would have guessed that in a hundred years. Mr. N took a cleaning toothbrush and toothpaste to the walls and it worked like magic.
Our little Picasso's punishment was to assist in the cleaning. I don't know how much of a punishment it was though. Apparently cleaning the wall with a tooth brush is great fun when you're two.

4 comments:
Mr Clean Erasers work fabulous also!
That is exactly what I was going to say! Invest in them, I swear they take off anything, (sometimes even the paint). I don't think my children would be allowed to own crayons if it weren't for the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers.
Google is my best friend. Literally. I always look up remedies for things. Like yesterday it was "How to get wax off of fabric." I found a solution and it worked. Good luck with the cleaning!
My kids enjoy the punishment of cleaning the walls after coloring too. Yep...toothpaste is wonderful. Works on permanent marker too! I mostly use a magic eraser for our crayon boo-boos. That way the kids can do it all by themselves. Actually, they now purposely color the walls and furniture just so they can use the eraser :P
Post a Comment