Friday, August 8, 2008

On the Road Again

Hey, just checking in. Life has been so crazy I've hardly taken any pictures of anything, plus I don't really have a way to get them on the Internet. Here are a few things that are going on with us:
I. We spent the last week living in Lehi with Mr. N's sister Lorie Jo. She has been a fantastic host. It was very interesting sleeping with all four of us in the same bedroom. Stressful, really. It took M a couple days to adjust to sleeping in a pack n' play. She does well now. The stress stems from worrying that one baby will wake the other one up. Plus, in the middle of the night, when I hear Baby L making noise my heart rate shoots through the roof and I start stressing out. Is she going to wake up, will she go back to sleep, how long am I going to be up, will she wake M up???? This is one of the reasons I like Mr. N and I to have our own room.
II. Little M has started saying "No" to everything. It's actually really cute to hear her say it. She has loved being around her cousins and chasing Lorie Jo's cat and dog. She also had her 18 month appt and is all around in the 30th to 50th percentiles. She still hates doctors.
III. Baby L was blessed last Sunday. It was very nice, though I didn't catch a lot of it because I had Little M. Lorie Jo took pictures of her in her blessing gown for me yesterday. I'll have to wait to get them. Baby L also caught a cold! Curse the person who touched or held her while sick. I don't know where she got it from. Lots of nose bulbing and stuffiness. She now weighs a little over 9 lbs.
IV. We are now in Vegas! We made the trip down yesterday and are staying with Mr. N's parents. So far its been great. Very hot though. I prefer seasons and cool weather to this blistering heat. Mr. N loves the weather down here. His mom has put him to work cleaning out his old room. He's almost broken his neck a couple times trying to get things out of the closet.
V. We are headed back to Utah on Sunday. We'll return to Lorie Jo's, sort out some odds and ends, and then Mr. N will take off with Mike on Tuesday morning to drive cross country. I will fly out with Natasha Wednesday night. We're almost there. I can't believe we're saying goodbye to life in Utah. We both are really going to miss the mountains. Hello greenery and humidity!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

So glad to hear you guys are doing good on your trip. Will you have any other family to stay with along the way? I hope the rest of the move goes smoothly. Good luck!!

Liz Wilcken said...

I was going to say "it's a wonderful life" but only b/c I cheated and looked it up earlier. Anyways, the new one is "monster's inc." gotta love pixar!

Unknown said...

wow, what an adventure you are all having... so many adjustments. It will be nice when you can get to your destination and settled, i bet. Hope everything continues to go well.

Katie Rod said...

So many changes, and so little time! I hope things continue to go well.

I, too, had the heart rate problem whenever I would hear Caleb even breath a little out of whack in the first few months. Which results in less sleep for Mom all the way around...

Wendy Lady said...

It was so fun spending time with you at Jolene's. I'll miss having you in Utah, but wish you a wonderful life in New Jersey.

Where are you From???