Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thanks everyone...

Baby L and I got up really early this morning.
Maybe I should mention that my prediction that the winter storm that was headed our way Sunday night would blow over was way off. We woke up to 6 inches of snow and frigged temperatures. We ended up with about 7 1/2 inches before it all stopped. Mr. N didn't go into school due to the weather, which ended up being a very wise choice.
Anyways, due to weather, the pediatrician's office was closed all day yesterday, and I was suppose to go in and pick up the referral for L's ultrasound. Baby L had an 8:00 am appointment this morning to have an ultrasound done of her head, which was before the pediatrician's office even opened, and I needed the referral to have the ultrasound done. I called the doctor on call yesterday and explained the situation and he told me someone would be there at 7 am Tuesday morning (this morning) and that I would need to just show up because the phones did not start working until 9:00 am. So that meant waking up at 5:30 for me and 5:50 am for Baby L. We left a little after 6, and that was good because the roads where still a mess. I hate driving in snow. We arrived safely though, picked up the referral (from a very startled nurse...she didn't expect anyone to walk in at 7:00 am), and drove back to the hospital. Baby L did really good during the ultrasound. She fussed a bit because she didn't like being held in place with someone she didn't know taking an ultrasound through the soft spot in her skull. The doctor came with the results and told me everything was normal. What a relief! I had myself all worked up for the worst.
I'll post pictures of the snow once I discover where the cable to connect the camera ran off to!

3 comments:

Taralou said...

I'm glad that everything is okay! :-)What a relief!

Katherine Ronachert said...

good to hear.
by the way, your baby ticker's have the girls names.

Nilla said...

What wonderful news!!! I'm so glad to hear that everything is normal! I'm sorry you had to wake up so early, though. YUCK!!!

Also, double-yuck to driving in snow that early. It's like double punishment!!! Hahahaha. Loveya!

Where are you From???