Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Randomness

I've felt slightly lost these past few days for no good reason. As I typed that, I thought of about 3 useful things I should be doing that make me feel a bit less lost. My little survey about the girl's aliases has left me more confused about what I should call them... I wanted to move away from "Little M" and "Baby L" (because Baby L isn't going to be a baby for too much longer...as in her year mark is a few short months away!) Yikes...how did that happen! But, anyways, most people seem to prefer those two nick names. I would talk to Mr. N about it, but frankly he doesn't care too much about that kind of stuff, so I'd probably be wasting my time. ;) I guess I'm going to have to make an executive decision. I hate doing that.
On to less important stuff... I got inspired about a month ago and started exercising and eating better. I now wake up at about 5:45 am every morning to go walking and/or do Pilate's. I'm a big fan of running, but after years of cross country in High School and a nasty car accident that damaged my right knee when I was 13, my body doesn't seem much up to the task. Now power walking is my exercise of choice. I'm happy to report that I've dropped about 6 lbs. And I feel better. It's so nice to not be carrying around the extra weight. I still want to lost between 6 to 14 lbs more, but progress is progress. My goal is to be where I want to be before Baby L turns the big #1. In the mean time, it is nice to see a number on the scale that I haven't seen since before M's birth.
Cheers.

9 comments:

Megan said...

Good for you! It is nice to "feel" good, isn't it? I've also been making some changes in my lifestyle...and even though I've only dropped 2 pounds, it just feels really good.

I hope you don't feel lost too much longer. You are an amazing woman!

Katie Rod said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I am sure you will be well within your goal when baby L turns one.

LJB said...

Way to go! 6 pounds is great! It's amazing how better you feel when you exercise and eat right--even if you're not trying to loose weight, you just feel better and smile more!

Nat said...

Congratulations! That's exciting!

Katherine Ronachert said...

just do little l and little m

Liz Wilcken said...

Congrats! I need to start my yoga again.

TD Quong said...

Wow! You are amazing! I keep trying to have motivation to keep up an exercise routine, but it's so sporatic. It certainly helps to see the numbers drop on the scale though. Good job!

TD Quong said...

PS-Do you have a pilates video? A friend gave me one but it's really dull. Do you have a suggestion?

Nilla said...

Awesome about the weight loss! Seeing progress is a great feeling. Personally, I think you are beautiful. But I am glad you are feeling so good :). I'm sure you'll hit your goal, seeing as you are going about it in a healthy way :).

Where are you From???