Friday, October 23, 2009

She Really is Mine!!!

My mom brought this picture home from her parents house. Look familiar? It's me when I was about 14 months old. When she showed it to me she asked, "So who does this look like?" I immediately responded, "Oh my gosh (which by the way is a phrase M uses all all the time...), [L] looks like me!"



So, just for comparison's sake, I pulled up a picture of L and did a side-by-side comparison of L and I at about the same age. (L is a little older than I was in the picture). I was so shocked to see how much we look alike. I always assumed from the get-go that L looked like Mr. N's side. Especially after seeing his baby pictures. Not so much anymore! She holds her mouth in the same way I did, but her hair is much whiter. It would have nothing to do with sun exposure either, because at the time my picture was taken I lived in Panama. There's no lack of sunshine down there. The longer I look at the picture though, the more differences I see.



So since I did an L comparison, I decided to do a comparison with M when she was about the age I was. I still see similarities with us, but it's more in the eyes. She has a different mouth. She also has a lot of hair like I did. Oh, for my mother's sake I need to mention my "haircut" in my picture was of my own doing. She made a point of telling me, "I did not cut your hair in that picture. You did it yourself." She made that point because she did use to cut my hair until I was about 10. My dad took me to get my hair professionally cut and the hair dresser kept saying, "Who cut your hair last! They did awful!" I didn't have the heart to tell her it was my mother, so I lied and said I didn't know. Since then I've stuck with hairdressers for hair cuts. I adore my mom though. She hardly ever gets offended and is usually the first one to laugh at herself.



Here's a three-way of me and the girls. I don't know why it thrills me so much to see the similarities between us, but it really does! I was kind of depressed that they didn't look anything like me (or so I thought) and that I was raising miniature Mr. N's (no offense to Mr. N's side...they're fantastic.). But as it turns out I was mistaken!

I love being wrong sometimes!

Don't tell Mr. N I said that...hehehe

4 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

wow! there are alot of similarities

Kristin Hanson said...

She really is! How funny, because I thought she looked like Mr N, too. But now that I see you, there's no doubt that we were wrong. How funny!

Liz Wilcken said...

That is freaky how much you look alike! And happy late birthday!

Unknown said...

So cute! Yep, you and baby L look a lot alike! So cute.

Where are you From???