Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Our Jack-o-Lantern

I probably shouldn't show the finished product first, but it's just so darn cool! Can you guess who actually did the designing and carving of this pumpkin. That would be Mr. N, the artist in the family! We put a glow stick inside the pumpkin last night and it was very cool. The girls were very happy with their night's work.



Well, as I'm sure you gathered, we carved our pumpkin yesterday for FHE. I didn't really think about it being a little early to carve pumpkins, so it may be mush by the time Halloween comes around, but oh well. The girls had a great time carving the pumpkin with their dad, while I did dishes and documented. Baby L is in a very tactile stage right now, so she was perfectly happy just smashing her hands in the pumpkin seeds. It was gross, but she was happy!



Mr. N drew out 4 pumpkin faces and then we let M choose her favorite. Mr. N carved and the girls helped punch out the pieces of pumpkin.

As is usually the case, the girls lost interest after a while and retreated to the bath (pumpkin guts can be quite messy). Mr. N finished up while they were bathing. Very cool I think.


See!

2 comments:

Eliza said...

I love it! Maybe that's what my family should do for FHE next week. I also really like the stem of the pumpkin too, all tall, twisty and cute.

Katherine Ronachert said...

awesome! we're going pumpkin picking thursday or friday, depending on the weather. daddy does the carving with the boys as well!

Where are you From???