Wednesday, October 14, 2009

1921-2009


My grandpa died today. He was really one of the best men I ever knew. Grandpa was really the only grandfather I ever knew. He was very soft spoken and quiet. He was always content to sit in the background and let others take the stage. In so many ways his nature and goodness remind me of Mr. N. It was simply an honor to know him.



Grandpa never had much to say. He loved to listen to others and serve. His story is also one of love. From the first time he saw my grandmother he loved her. And truly nothing could stop him from loving her. He honored and loved her as his eternal companion and the mother of his children. He would have gladly and willingly walked through fire for her, and in many ways he did. He was one of the greatest examples of Christ-like love that I have known.


He truly had the heart of a lion, yet he was as gentle as a lamb.

2 comments:

Randi said...

I'm so sorry that you lost your grandpa today. He sounds like a wonderful man. Much love and comfort for you and yours.

Marisa Jean said...

:( So sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad that you had the chance to be so positively affected by his life. He sounds like he was, and still continues to be a wonderful man.

Where are you From???