Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Birth

I'm anxiously awaiting news of the birth of my newest niece! She should have been delivered via c-section by now....
So I didn't even complete this post and we got the call! I'll wait to post details until after my sister does so, but she was a huge baby. A little over a week ago the baby flipped into a breech position. They tried 3 times to turn her, but she wouldn't budge. This baby was her 3rd, and her other deliveries were perfectly normal. Since the baby wouldn't turn, they scheduled a c-section for today. My sister was really great about it. After the initial shock wore off she said she was fine with the c-section because she felt things happened for a reason. When my brother-in-law called he said the baby had the cord around her neck. A normal delivery, therefore, would have been very dangerous for her. Thank heavens she was breech!

No comments:

Where are you From???