Monday, September 28, 2009

Squirrely Day

Sorry about the lack of posts lately. I've been more into reading than the computer. Plus, all the books I've been reading have come from the library so it's kind of unpredictable when they will arrive. For a while I had no books, and then all my requests came in at once so I have 3 books I need to read in the allotted time period I'm given by the public library. It's a bit exhausting....
Anyways, M did the cutest thing today. Both girls love to look out the windows of our living room at everything that's going on outside. They are always commenting on what they see and saying hi to the people passing by. Today M saw a squirrel and it went something like this:
"Mommy, look a squirrel!"
"Oh wow, look at the squirrel."
[Then M got distracted for a few minutes from her post at the window, and when she returned her squirrel friend was no longer there. This is how she continued...]
"Squirrel, where are you? Squirrel? SQUIRREL? All right, see you later. Have a good time. Make good choices!"
It was so cute. Those are all the little phrases we say to each other when we are parting ways, and it was really cute to hear her say those things to the squirrel, who I am sure did have a good day!

3 comments:

Lauren Davison said...

PAHA! I love it! "Make good choices!" Sigh. Fantastic.

Eliza said...

"Make good choices!" ...sounds like you're a great mom (duh!)

Nat said...

That is possibly the cutest thing I've ever heard!

Where are you From???