My memory sucks. It always has. I think.... Maybe it was good once, but I can't remember that. How ironic. Anyways, one of my great weaknesses has always been the search for my keys! They are forever running off and getting lost. There was that memorable event more than a year ago when M threw them out and we never recovered them, but other than that they do eventually turn up. But, I've FINALLY found a solution! My wonderful mother went shopping, as she occasionally does, and randomly picked up this "Mommy Hook" from Bed, Bath & Beyond (love that store, by the way! You can find the most wonderful random things there!).
It was seriously one of the best gifts I'd ever received! It's designed to keep in your bag, and when you go shopping you clip the hook onto the shopping cart and your bag hangs conveniently in at the front of your shopping cart! After a few weeks of using it, I discovered that I could clip my keys on the hook as well when I shopping, and that eliminated the endless hunt through my diaper bag/purse trying to find my keys. It can be seriously annoying to put down all your bags by the car and try to keep the kids corralled while emptying the endless contents of my diaper bag onto my trunk trying to find the keys...only to discover I randomly stuck them in my pocket or something (which I never do...). So, keeping my keys on the Mommy Hook worked so well, I've started using the hook as a permanent part of my key chain, and it's fantastic! The hook is so massive that I never lose them any more. How can you? It's so big. I don't even take my keys off the hook to drive. It bothers Mr. N a bit to use my keys and have the key chain hang down to his ankle while driving, but my retort is always the same... "Hey, I don't lose my keys anymore! Know your weaknesses!". And with that he can't argue. The poor guy never loses his keys, but always seems to be helping me find mine!
It's pretty funny thought to pull out my "keys" in public because I tend to get a lot of raised eyebrows when people see the huge hook I have on my keys!
The summer is coming to a close, which means the pool will be closing soon too! It has been nice to swim whenever we've wanted and has made playing in extreme heat bearable when you can take a random dip, but mainly a pool just isn't worth the worry/stress. I look forward to fall this year since we didn't get much of a spring! I can't believe it's September!
Oh, and the moon out here was super creepy tonight! It looked like something right out of a horror movie (not that I've ever seen a horror movie...). Maybe something right out of a Halloween card. Creepy!



6 comments:
I seriously need that...I am always losing my keys too! Either that or it takes me ten minutes to find them in my messy purse. What a great idea!
You're not alone in loosing your keys! I lose all kinds of things, like my mind! Too bad there isn't a solution for that! I love the hook!
You're not alone in loosing your keys! I lose all kinds of things, like my mind! Too bad there isn't a solution for that! I love the hook!
Hey, I could use one of those too! Now, how to make them work with my glasses? I always lose my glasses.
If you knew how much time I waste looking for my keys per year, you'd be amazed. I need this tool.
I love your mommy hook! Kudos to that inventor :)
Post a Comment