Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Out of the Woods!


This is me and my mom when I was baptized. I don't look thrilled, do I? I think it was because when my sister was baptized (3 years before me) someone got her a pound puppy (remember those! Maybe it was a pound kitty...). Anyways, I was so envious of her and couldn't wait for my baptism so I could get one too. I got no gift. I was actually so disappointed/hurt that I didn't get a gift for my baptism. I'm over it now, obviously, and see the wisdom in not giving gifts at baptisms now, so the focus can be on the obvious gift of baptism/Holy Ghost.
*************

So today is the first time in about 10 days where I haven't felt sick! It's been a sucky week and a half. First I thought it was food poisoning, then I briefly considered pregnancy (though not seriously because I felt in my gut that it wasn't the case), and yesterday I thought maybe it was because I was having gallbladder problems.... Today I feel better though so maybe it was some kind of prolonged bug that made me miserable and constantly nauseated. Blah. Today I feel more normal, but my mom told me she felt queasy...so maybe it was a bug and now I've graciously passed it on. Poor mom.

So the last week has been uneventful. Hopefully now I'll reenter the blogging world.



This is my dad and I when I was in high school. Mr. N couldn't believe this was me.... Yeah, it is.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are feeling better! Love the pics. So funny how you were grumpy about a pound puppy (and yes, I remember pound puppies... I loved them!). I remember getting all dressed up and pretty for my baptism and I got really bugged after I got baptized, and exclaimed..."Now I'm all wet!" And everyone heard and laughed.

Katherine Ronachert said...

are you feeling better?

Where are you From???