
Well, the virus has passed and Little L has not gotten sick. I
think we are in the clear now. The past 3 weeks we have been very spoiled. First my Mother-in-law came to help us out while Mr. N was in Morocco, then my mom came from NJ to help with the arrival of the new baby. She left yesterday, which was sad...but not as sad as previous visits because we are going to be living with them in about 5 weeks. That is strange to think about.
Now we as a family are trying to find our new normal. The normal we use to know with myself, Mr. N and M no longer exists. There's a fourth member of our family now with her own individual needs and we're trying to find out how to meet everyone's needs in the family and not leave anyone neglected. There are two bits of advice I've received that have been helpful so far.
First: Each child that comes into our family is coming into an existing family unit. I was told this when Little M was born. It has helped me put having a baby into perspective. So, instead of our world revolving around our little newborns, we've looked at it as welcoming them into our family. I'm not quite sure if I'm relaying this right... So, for instance, one child may have to wait a tiny bit because another member has a need. Sometimes little M or L have to wait because Dad needs his lunch made before going to work or Mom has to go to the bathroom or something along those lines. Don't think we're neglectful...not at all.
Second: I was talking to the lactation lady at the hospital and she was telling me that she had a few children that were very close in age too (15 months) and some advice she received that really helped was that when both children are needing you right then, to first do a little something to help the older child (Like we're not going to have lunch right yet, but here's your juice) and then meet the needs of the younger child (feeding).
So far those bits of advice have helped. Then again, we've only been on our own now for a little less than 24 hrs. One really good thing is that Baby L is a good sleeper. She's only up 1 or 2 times a night and usually goes right back to sleep after eating. Thank heavens for that. It may change as she gets older, but for right now we are enjoying being able to sleep at night! If it keeps up, we may mover her into M's room sooner than we originally planned.
Here are some random pictures I've taken over the past week:
Here's M after a bath the other day. She ran out of the bathroom in the buff and put on her hat and then wanted to go outside.
Here's Mr. N with his two little girls.
Baby L

Hugs

Here's M dressed for the 4th of July trying to see her sleeping sister.

here's the sleeping sister with a red bow in her hair for the fourth.

Diaper time! This child goes to the bathroom more than M every did. At least once after each feeding. We're going to go broke buying diapers!!!
6 comments:
M's 4th of July dress was SO cute!!! And way to "dress" the new baby for the holiday! Pretty smart, those bows.
Great advice! I think those will help me too. I love that M put on her hat and was ready to go outside! Ahhh, to feel so free ;) Your girls are both so beautiful. I can't believe you are moving soon!!!!
L is so sweet and little! She reminds me of Evie when her clothes hung off her little frame. If you, want send me a pic of M and L together (really any picture you love) and I can make a background for you. My sister showed me some new tricks on photoshop. Now I've been spending all my 'free' time making wallpapers :)
I know one thing that helped me a lot was before I would sit down to feed the baby, I would get Avery a drink/snack and a stack of books to look at so she could sit beside me and read or be read to.
hahaha. I laughed out loud at that picture of M with just a hat on. :) Kids are great!
Your girls are so adorable!
Post a Comment