Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Towel Days

I have days I like to refer to as "towel days." By definition those are the days I just want to throw in the towel...whether it's because everything seems to go wrong, I feel like there's never a break, or whether its because I'm just emotionally unbalanced and pregnant. Whatever the cause, I have those days every now and then. The other day just happened to be one of those days. The emotional unbalance, no doubt, was there because of the stress of knowing I would soon be a mother of two. A lot of little things kept happening to further set me off. One of which was that I made a nice little lunch for M (homemade spaghetti sauce with spaghetti and fruit), that I was sure she would enjoy only to have her throw the bowl of spaghetti across the kitchen where it exploded and got on all the kitchen appliances, walls, ceiling...everywhere...including her nice outfit I had purposely taken off to make sure it remained clean. Normally I handle that kind of thing fine, but that day it really perpetuated my situation. Later that afternoon Mr. N called and asked what was wrong and I just started crying. I cried and I cried...for no apparent reason. My mom later called to see how I was and asked, "Are you crying?" After listening to my woes (Mr. N had as well, but he was at work and had to go help a customer. Later when he was free he called to tell me he was there to help me wanted me to know he loved me. He's so sweet), my mom recommended that I set a clock to remind myself to say a prayer every hour for help and strength. She then had to go and I said a prayer. It really did help a lot.





Thank heavens for the little things that are there to help lift spirits. The other day I was getting ready and it was really quiet...always a danger sign... All the doors to the bedrooms were open (which I normally keep closed to confine M to certain areas of the house) so I had to go walk around the house to find her. All the time it was very quiet.

I found her at last in the corner of her bedroom sitting very quietly on this chair with her baby doll. What a sweet girl she is!



Thank heavens for the little rays of sunshine that make life more bearable!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

So sweet- little M is going to make a very good big sister. And you are just amazing, so you've got my vote that you'll be an excellent mother of two! Hang in there!

Nilla said...

That is so sweet!

I'm sorry you had a towel day. But you're going to be great as a mother of 2 ;).

Tori Mitchell said...

I have these days too! I am glad I am not the only one. Good Luck with the new baby.

Wendy Lady said...

It's a good thing that when we throw in the towel we eventually want to pull it back out and move on with life. Just be assured that it's okay and extremely normal to feel overwhelmed and frustrated. And you have excellent reasons ... 1) You are a woman & 2) You are a PREGNANT woman!

Love you, Aunt Wendy

Where are you From???