Monday, June 9, 2008

He's Off



Mr. N left yesterday morning for Morocco. It was very sad to see him go. He'll be gone for 2 weeks on a humanitarian mission. Separation is always really hard for me. I know...I'm a baby. He left once for 2 months, which I thought was awful, so really 2 weeks is nothing. It really is nothing in comparison to my sisters, sister-in-laws, and mother-in-law who all were separated for months from their husbands for various reasons (i.e. work, military...). My mother-in-law was left for 1 year while her husband went to Korea. She had 5 kids at the time...and Mr. N was the youngest and a newborn. I don't know how she did it!


You do what you have to do!


This time, though, the hardest part of the separation was when he said goodbye to Little M. He didn't cry, and she obviously didn't cry, but I cried. They are just so adorable together! She adores her daddy and he adores her!


So now the count-down starts! I really hope time passes quickly!


As for a Pregnancy Update, I went to the doctor today and everything looks good. The doctor said not to expect the baby for probably another 3 weeks. That is good news because I don't particularly want to have this baby while Mr. N is gone. I told him (jokingly) that if I had her while he was gone I was going to name her Bat Girl and we'd just change it later. He didn't really like that idea. The down-side of the visit is that I'm measuring big so he checked the baby and she's already 6 to 6 1/2 lbs! I was so surprised! That's how big he told me M was a few days before I delivered. Of course he could be wrong. I just don't want to deliver a 9 lb baby. I've got no objection to a big baby other than getting her out!

9 comments:

beapinkal said...

I know i'm not the same as your husband but if you feel alone or if you want to cry...you know I'm not too far:) Come on up anytime when you feel like talking. Besides M. and Bence have to play a lot before you guys would take off. About the pregnancy update- i liked the name idea:) it's funny!

beapinkal said...

Well i know i'm not as good as your husband but if you ever feel alone or if you ever feel crying or talking...you know i'm not too far:) Just come up any time. Besides M. and Bence have to play a lot before you guys would take off.

Taralou said...

I hope the next two weeks goes quickly for you. Try to stay busy! :-)

Glad the pregnancy is going well.. only a few more weeks! YEAH!!!

Nat said...

I love M's face in that first picture.

Nilla said...

Yeah, I was wondering how the gestational diabetes thing was going ;). I hope you keep doing as well as you have been! And I hope the next several days go quickly while Mr. N is gone!

Jolene said...

I am showing Granny Goose blogs. She doesn't know anything about them and is experiencing them now. I love the pictures of Daddy and daughter, they love being together.

Katherine Ronachert said...

i recommend lots and lots of blogging.

Lauren Davison said...

Forest Gump is the Quote. :) Kirby had to help me on that one... I've only seen the beginning once, but i HAVE seen that part of the movie.

Wendy Lady said...

Separation is always hard, especially during the final weeks of pregnancy. It's good Jolene will be there to help combat the loneliness.

Where are you From???