Little L is getting so big so fast. She has started talking in 2-word sentences, and it's so cute too. She speaks a lot for her age (at least in comparison to M), but it's funny how much all her words sound alike. I seldom have difficulty understanding her though. She can clearly communicate what she wants, whether through words, pointing, head shakes, pushing things away, or reaching...or some combination of the above things. Mr. N has a little bit harder time understanding her, but he has a lot less time with his girls. He's learning all her little works quickly though. Just these past 2 weeks she started the 2-word sentences. One of our favorites is "Not nice", which sounds more like "Not ny." She says this whenever we are reading a book that has a unkind character in it...especially our princess books. L loves to read Snow White so she can point at the Queen (or witch as we sometimes call her) over and over again and say "Not nice". She says it as she shakes her head with a very disapproving look on her face. It's a crack up. She does similar things about Cinderella's step-sisters and step mother, the witch from Sleeping Beauty, and a little bit about the sea witch on The Little Mermaid.
Today L got really mad at M, which is a common occurrence. They like to fight about as much as they like to play and laugh together. M is always taking the toys L wants to play with and giving her toys she doesn't want in exchange, which L doesn't think much of. So anyways, L got really mad and started shrieking in frustration. Then all of the sudden L yelled at M, "Baaa Maaa." It took me a second, but I caught on and started laughing. I explained to Mr. N that L was yelling, "Bad [M]" at M for taking her toys or making her angry or whatever she happened to be doing. We had a good laugh over it. (Oh, L says M's name as "Maaa-maaa", the 'a' being like the 'a' in mad.)
And for a last cute story about our 1-year-old, my mom bought the girls 2 beanie baby monkeys on Thanksgiving. She got them for like $1 a piece. I gave one to each girl (they were both different) and of course M wanted L's, but L new which was hers and wouldn't give it up. That night my mom was watching L as she was making her way down the hall. L picked up both monkeys, and then stopped and examined each very seriously. She then threw (like seriously threw with all her little strength) the monkey that was not hers down on the floor and took her monkey in both hands and give it a very sweet kiss on it's mouth. It was so adorable.
These are moments I hope I never forget. I'm well acquainted with my memory though, and know how bad it is, so when cute things like this happen I have to be sure to document them. I want to hold on to them forever!

1 comment:
What a cutie! I love that she says not nice :) And already knows how to stand up to her big sister. so smart of you to record these neat memories.
Post a Comment