What do you call a man with no arms and no legs hanging on a wall...
Art.
Well, on that inspiring note, I got to watch Mr. N paint today. He got the day off for the holiday, which was really nice. Especially since he will be MIA all weekend. Gotta love those weekend warriors. Anyways, it was amazing to watch. I was in complete awe just watching him mix his paints to create a pallet of colors.
How do you catch a unique rabbit?
Unique up on it!
He had such a good eye to see subtle differences in the colors and then, in the few cases where he didn't mix enough paint, he was able to mix a perfect match. He said it's a product of lots of practice, but it was still very cool.
How do you catch a tame rabbit?
Tame thing...unique up on it!

Part of his "homework" at school is to do different paintings from famous masterpieces (the master's had it right after all, right!). They are suppose to be quick paintings, not exact, but to just practice getting the values right and proportions and so forth. M really enjoyed watching Daddy paint, although she kept calling the 'paint' 'cake'...probably because she's use to seeing me decorate cakes using a variety of colors.... It was cute to watch her studying her Daddy's work.
If you weren't so fresh we wouldn't be in this jam...

I know this collage is small, but you can see the progress of his work. It was really cool to see something appear from nothing. Right now he's just working with value, not color. That's why everything is in sepia tones.
I know I should stop, but...
Two peanuts were walking down the street when one got assaulted!
This is as far as he got today. Actually I think he's working on it now, but I don't feel up to photography. Very good though!
**Revised**
Final joke courtesy of Katie Rod:
What's brown and sticky?
A brown stick!
***love it!**
Here's a new final...sorry...it's not a great picture. My fault.

6 comments:
Very cool. It's neat to see the progress and not just the finished product. Oh, and here's my favorite lame joke of all time: What's brown and sticky? A brown stick. I laugh everytime...
That was great! I added it at the end of course!
I love those jokes!
q: how many lemons grow on a lemon tree?
a: all of them.
oh, i love lame jokes :) my favorite growing up was: Why did Cinderella run away from the ball? Because she had a pumpkin for a coach!
Wow what talent! I'm so not artistic at all! And I cannot believe how much the girls have grown! The time just goes by so quickly. Love their blonde hair and blue eyes!
Post a Comment