Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Verdict is in!

Well, many of you took our poll to guess what the gender of our new baby was going to be, and 7 of you voted a boy, and 9 of you voted a girl. Yesterday we went for our gender-check ultrasound (not to be confused with the standard 20 week ultrasound) and we found out the gender! Of course its never 100%, but the lady said she was pretty sure.
So what is it???
It's a GIRL!!!
I was very surprised. I was sure it was a boy. I am so relieved though...we have everything we need for a girl! (The seasons are off, but for the most part that will be fine. It is easier to supplement an existing wardrobe with summer/winter stuff than it is to buy a whole new wardrobe.)
Mr. N is happy too. He likes his little girl. He told me though that we have to keep trying until we have a boy... He said he needs someone to pass on the family name. When I reminded him that his brother had two sons to pass on the family name he scowled at me and told me that doesn't count. I guess there's another baby in our future! Not any time soon though. He also said that now he'll be outnumbered 3 to 1 with estrogen in the lead.
I love little girls!

9 comments:

skcoe said...

YAY! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

That's why you felt a male's presence; so that you wouldn't forget that he was in Heaven waiting for his turn. He knew that this wasn't his time to come to earth, but he wanted you not to give up!! Love, Mama

Nilla said...

Yay! More girls to even it out!

Katherine Ronachert said...

happy day! remind me to avoid your house during the teenage years. . . mine of course, will probably be blown up from some sort of science experiment gone wrong adn the sad part is elliott will probably be the instigator. children.

Unknown said...

so excited for you! I bet they will be such good friends. :)

mel said...

Congratulations! Every girl needs a sister if you ask me.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! Little M will just love her little sister!

Nat said...

Happy day! M is so adorable, I'm sure the next little one will be just the same! Congratulations!

Wendy Lady said...

I'm thrilled for you. Two sisters so close in age are sure to be best friends!

Where are you From???