Friday, January 11, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow...






We got 6 inches of snow the other day! I really like the snow. I grew up (until I was 15 at least) in Houston which is HOT, HOT, HOT. Consequently I hate the heat and love the seasons and snow. Mr. N's the opposite. Oh well. Maybe its all my time in Houston that does it, but I don't necessarily prepare adequately when it does snow. Not wearing a coat...that kind of stuff. So, Wednesday we woke up to 6 inches, which was exciting, but I had to drive Mr. N to work which was not exciting. I threw on my best set of sweats and brushed my hair...that's about the best you get until this stupid morning sickness goes away. And, my shoe of choice...my crocs. I don't know why I chose to wear crocs with no socks when I knew how snowy it was out there.



Sigh...



I almost broke my neck walking out to the car because the shoes don't exactly have traction. Yes, they got filled with snow and my feet about froze off. Later that day I opted for my snow shoes.



I also bundled M up in a snow suit and took her out for pictures.

She was fascinated by the snow!

She kept trying to crawl, but was way too bulky to move.

Here she is buried in the snow.

After making a mighty effort to crawl, she ended up face-planting in the snow. I had to get a quick picture before rescuing her!

5 comments:

Megan said...

I love her snowsuit. where did you get it?

Wendy Lady said...

Yes, it is definitely an advantage to dress for the snow on those cold, winter days. Little M is adorable!

Mrs. S said...

The snow suit is actually a hand-me-down from one of my sisters. It is carters though. I don't even know where you would buy one, honestly!

Katherine Ronachert said...

so i finally looked at the videos. very cute! joshua cracked up laughing watching her!

Nat said...

Lol - she looks like a pink marshmallow

Where are you From???