Does anyone want to go up with me to Salt Lake to go to President Hinckley's viewing? I don't want to go alone, but I'm willing to drive! As far as I know the viewing is Thursday and Friday from 9 am to 7 pm. I was shooting for early afternoon, or any other low-traffic time.

9 comments:
I would like to go with you. Are you going to take M. with you? I can't really leave Bence with anyone. Or do you think it's a good idea to take our kids there? So what kind of thing this is? What are we going to do there? I mean i haven't been there anything like this before. When would you go? Bence takes a nap around 1 or 2pm..how about M? Le me know what you think. I would like to go. Oh...and is it this week? So tomorrow and Friday?
sure, can you foot the 300 dollar airplane ticket? love ya!
Yeah, I'll call you. Elka...not a chance in hades...we're trying to pay bills here!!! :)
Haha!! Yeah, I'm with Elka on that one. I'd love to go, but need more than just a car-ride... I need a plane ride too :). Drive safe. Loveya!
I am trying to figure out where the mormons get off by trying to MIMIC the Popes funeral by having this hinckley character on display for days as if its like what the Catholics did. There is a HUGE difference from when Pope John Paul died because millions upon millions including NON Catholics mourned his death.. the world really doesnt acknowledge hinckely because he means NOTHING to us.. the Pope is a TRUE MAN OF GOD! And a lot of Catholics are getting pretty offended at the mormons for mocking us!
How does a funeral where memebers of the LDS faith mourning the loss of their beloved prophet mock catholics?
dear anonymous,
what in the world are you thinking? "mimicking the catholics"? seriously, broaden your mind that we, as a people, do mourn the loss of our prophet. fyi, there have been viewings and broadcasted funerals with our previous prophets.
could it possibly be that the information highway is ten time greater than it was 12 years ago, the last time one of our prophets passed away? another thing, president hinckley was a very public prophet. he was interviewed many times by the media, something that no other prophet had done. his death does effect more than just members of our church.
as far as the "hinckley character", well, i'll give you that. he did appreciate a good joke and laugh, but i really hope you are not insulting him. because i can name no other mormon who would insult the pope. never would i associate with someone who openly ridiculed another religion. and just so you know, i was deeply saddened when pope john paul died. i even shed some tears. i am not catholic, but he was a good man and did good things. remember the Savior spoke "by their fruits ye shall know them". wouldn't it be more prudent if we, as Christians, united instead of see all the negative? times are going to get tough.
sincerely,
elka
Dear Anonymous - I'm sorry that you are offended. Speaking as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of LDS, I honestly wish you to know that I meant no offense. I mourn because I will miss this beloved, peaceful man. I am happy that he has been reunited with his gentle wife. I do not mean to mock anything held sacred by another. I would never mock your religious belief because it is precious to you. I am thankful that we live in a country that allows each of us to follow our personal dreams and beliefs. The world is a better place because we are all so diverse. One thing, though, even as diverse as we all are, the truth remains: we are all children of the same loving God. HP
I find your comments SHOCKING! I find it hard to believe that a LOT of Catholics are offended. How could they as a hole even know about the prophets funeral? I mean Christmas mass has passed and Easter mass isn’t for a few more months! Your right it is a big deal when the Pope dies; it must be an amazing thing for all the millions of Catholics to attend mass three times in one year. I guess you get offended a lot, like when a famous movie star dies or a former president passes. What about Kings and queens, civil rights activist, women’s rights leaders. You must really hate the Russians they MOCK you by having there famous leaders laid out on display for years at a time.
Really I think your comments are as ignorant as mine. I know just from what you said you have never heard Gordon B. Hinckley speak from a pulpit or read any of his written words. You have never read the church’s Magazine “The Ensign” or even the church’s weekly news paper.
I KNOW Gordon B. Hinckley was a prophet of God. I have read his words and listen to him speak and shook the mans hand. But I really know he is a man of god and influence to all the world because the spirit of the Lord has born witness to me through the holy ghost that he was and is a true servant of god.
Post a Comment