Sunday, June 28, 2009

That Bites!


It was a bad week for bites at our house this week. First Baby L had that massive mosquito bite on her head that made her look like a Star Trek Klingon. Then on Thursday Mr. N noticed a tick on Little M's ear. It was up in the fold of her ear like a cartilage piercing. We got that off without a problem, but now we're on Lyme Disease watch, which is a real problem here. Then on Saturday, two days later M tried to "rescue" a bumble bee from the swimming pool and unsurprisingly it stung her thumb. Poor girl. In the photo she's showing off her owie on her finger. Luckily it turns out she isn't allergic.
Here are the two culprits. Mr. N wanted to save the tick just in case they wanted to test it for Lyme disease (something they told him to do in the military). I threw the bee in the same bag. Kind of gross. They are now resting in landfill heaven. I'm still kind of disgusted that I took this picture, but thought I'd throw it up anyways!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job on finding the tick! Smart to save it... that is a strange picture... but I would have done the same ;) And Poor M with the Bee sting. Love and miss!

Where are you From???