Friday, June 12, 2009

Get Ready to be Overwhelmed...



...with pictures that is. I haven't felt much like blogging lately. I've been really bummed lately because the Polish grandmother who lived with her son and his family behind us went to Poland for a month and when she gets back she'll be moving up to New York. She would watch her grandson Dominique and we would go over there and play every day. It was our routine. Now Dominique is in daycare and Bagosha is in Poland. I'm so sad over the whole affair. I remember venting to Mr. N months and months ago that it was so frustrating to go outside and have her out there with her grandson all the time wanting us to come over. I just wanted to be left alone because I felt I would have nothing in common with this Polish lady who was as old as my mother. How wrong I was. Over the months I've become really good friends with her, and now I feel like I'm grieving because she's gone, and all those wonderful mornings and afternoons playing over at their house are gone. Even if she decides to come back to live with her son, Dominique is still in daycare, and it won't be the same. Oh well.







Yesterday I was in the back room folding laundry and I heard a lot of banging going on. I knew the girls had gotten into something...and they literally had. They had gotten into the drawer under the oven where all the pans and measuring cups are! It was very cute!





Here is my beautiful mother. She had gastric bypass surgery in March and she looks fantastic. She got this suit on Tuesday in preparation for a job interview. We're all praying she'll get the job for which she interviewed. She's been out of work for a while now and it getting really frustrated because no one is hiring out here.




One of M's favorite things is to go feed the ducks and "bebe ducks". She is so funny. Every time we drive past the lake she says "bebe ducks" and starts quacking. She still manages to eat as much bread as she throws to the quackers.





My dad installed this heavy duty baby gate at the top of the stairs on Sunday in preparation for the pool opening. It's opened by the way.... I'm not thrilled about that, but all the doors have chains on them now and there is this super gate at the top of the stairs all in an effort to keep the kids away from the pool. My parents have gone through a lot of expense, inconvenience and effort to keep their two granddaughters safe. We are very grateful. Baby L was quick to go over and inspect Pop-Pop's tools.




Don't they look like sisters!





I love this picture of M with her two dolphins. She'd just gotten out of the bath, so she was all wet.




One rainy afternoon we entertained the girls with dots. It's amazing how occupied they were!




Baby L was so funny trying to grab this one off her head. She knew it was there, but couldn't manage to grab it. Once she got it though, she had no trouble getting the rest of them I'd stuck to her head.







I thought this was a really pretty picture of L.



The dots tasted good as well.




It's been a really wet week, but despite the wet we braved going to the park. Everything was covered with water and the girls' clothes got all wet, but they had fun. If we hadn't needed to go to the commissary afterwards I would have stripped them down and let them play in a massive puddle at the park, but we'll have to save that for another day.




L loves going up and down the stairs. She is actually quite frustrated with the heavy duty gate my dad installed, but she'll have to get use to it. It's amazing how fast she materializes out of thin air when it opens so someone can come upstairs or go down!




Splashing in the water.





The slides were very wet too. M still tried to climb up them, but her shoes were so wet she really couldn't manage. We had a fun day at the park though.


4 comments:

Kristin Hanson said...

1) Love the new background
2) Your mom looks fabulous!
3) M is getting so big!
4) L has cheecks I could kiss for hours
5) I love the overalls and pink shirt on L - she looks good in pink!

Unknown said...

Great pictures!!! The are growing up so fast. M looks like she is such a grown up. I love the one with her dolphins.

Wendy Lady said...

The girls are so cute. I can't believe how quickly they are growing up. It seems even more so when you are so far away.

Eliza said...

I hope your mom gets the job. And your girls ABSOLUTELY look like sisters. :)

Where are you From???