
Mr. N started drawing LDS temples at the request of his sisters & sister in law. They wanted drawings of the temples they were married in and who better to do it than their extremely talented brother! I remember him working on all the temples. When I think about it I associate in my head that temple with whatever year of marriage we were in (i.e. Hawaii was the first year, Jordan River & Timpanogos were mixed up in the 2nd and 3rd years, DC was about the 3rd year, maybe into the 4th, then Salt Lake...). I always knew our temple, the Las Vegas temple, would be last. Actually I expected it more to be the temple he never got around to doing. I'm so glad I was wrong! Mr. N finished the drawing of the Las Vegas temple this past week and I think it looks amazing! He did such a beautiful job. You can really see the progression of his work as he has gone to art school.
Also, be sure to check out his website:
He set it up this weekend and now you can place orders for the temples he has in stock. We have to send Salt Lake and Vegas to get printed tomorrow. He's also working on a sketch of Little M to use as an example because he's going to start doing commissioned work for people who want him to draw they children, pets, etc. (He hasn't done a lot of pet drawings, but says it should be an interesting experience!)
And for a random tidbit...I put Baby L's hair in it's first ponytail! I did it as a joke because she found a rubber band and was trying to put it in her hair, so I did it for her. It turned out so funny! I felt like it was going to poke me in the eye or something. I decided to have her sport a pony tail for church yesterday too. I can't believe my little baby girl turns 1 next Tuesday. Time passes so quickly. There really isn't time to not treasure the little moments.

I never minded getting up in the middle of the night to nurse Baby L when she was first born. It was precious time. I actually missed it when she started sleeping through the night. The only thing that was hard with her was having to be on guard constantly to keep her out of harm's (that is Little M's) way. Little M adores her little sister, and it's amazing how quickly she can materialize out of no where if someone she doesn't know (or even does know for that matter) comes up to Baby L and plays with her or touches her. She gets very protective. These past few years have gone by so fast. Through a series of circumstances, this past weekend it was really driven home for me how much we as mothers need to treasure the little moments. They don't last forever, and when they are gone your heart longs for them. I love being a stay at home mother. It's not a burden, it's a choice. It's a gift.
A gift to me.
A gift to them.
1 comment:
I'm glad that Neal was able to draw the Las Vegas Temple again -- it is lovely. He drew the Las Vegas temple when he was in high school. That is the one that started it all... :-) I know that he doesn't really like that one because he has learned so much since then and he sees the flaws, but that is one of our favorites -- it still hangs on my mom's wall. It has been fun seeing his talent grow from the time he was a young boy.
Post a Comment