
On Monday we went Strawberry picking. We were really excited and thought it would be a lot of fun for the girls...but really it wasn't much fun for them. I felt like the whole time we were saying, "Don't step on the strawberry bushes," "Don't play with the rotten strawberries," "Stay out of the water!" It wasn't a very accommodating environment for children, but they did really well considering. I spent most of my time shepherding them while my mom and Mr. N picked.

Little M was so cute blowing
dandelions and playing in the tall grass.

Baby L though squishing rotten strawberries in her hands was great fun.
Uck!

The strawberries were amazing! They were so delicious. We had enough for 3 batches of strawberry freezer jam, one strawberry pie, and froze enough to do another batch of jam later or just use them in milkshakes.
Mr. N had a lot of fun taking strawberry pictures. I think he did pretty good! By the way, the jam was excellent. The best I've ever tasted, all due to the superb berries. You wouldn't think of NJ as being rural. But where we live there are a ton of farms. All around us we go to farms and pick blueberries, strawberries, snap peas, apples, raspberries, potatoes, pumpkins, and peaches. Oh, there are a ton of cranberry bogs around us too.
2 comments:
hey, how did you like the pie?
it was really good. Mama thought it was a great idea to make the pudding with water instead of milk. Thanks for the recipe!
Post a Comment