Wednesday, March 30, 2011

When You Think You Know...



The baby's nose is practically touching the placenta in this pic
 
You might have heard me say this before, but when I got pregnant with L I felt the strongest male presence.  Because of that I thought I was having a boy.  I was just as sick with L's pregnancy as with M's, so when I found out L was actually a girl I was surprised, but it wasn't a huge shock.  It was kind of like, "Oh, well that makes sense."  I was confused about the male presence I felt though.  My mom told me later that we probably did have a son up there, and he wanted to make sure we knew he was up there because my pregnancies were so hard I wouldn't want to do it again.  That proved true in many ways.  After she was born I had no desire to have another baby, but figured the desire would return.  I felt there was a boy that was suppose to come to our family...and I was afraid there might be a girl too.  I was afraid that the boy would wait around until all the girls got her to make sure our family was complete before he came along.  That was my feeling, but I've been wrong about things so often that it's not even funny.

This in a front view where they look like aliens...but if you can make it out you'll see the baby is yawning.
This pregnancy has been really different.  REALLY different.  I was still really sick in the beginning, but it wasn't quite as severe.  I lost my taste for sweets, which for me is something.  At about 14 weeks the nausea let up a lot.  I could eat more and craved more salty, substantial things.  Then I got bronchitis and all that went down hill.  Really sick.  Life sucked.  Anyways, once the brunt of that illness passed the nausea let up a lot again.  Things have been a lot better.  I still get really nauseated, need medication and get sick, but things overall are much much better.  Honestly, we've known the gender of this baby from the start.  We both knew it was a boy.  We only talked about boy names and planned for a boy. 



Our crystal clear image of a girl!
When we had our ultrasound today and found out it was a GIRL we were floored...me more so than Mr. N.  I just couldn't believe it.  All day I've been saying, "I just can't believe its a girl!"  Talk about surprise.  Mr N was so funny.  He totally had an "Ice Age 3" experience (remember Sid, "it's a boy!"  "That's the tail"  It's a girl!")  When they were doing the ultrasound he said to himself, 'yup, a boy...oh wait that's the umbilical cord...'  I saw the image and though, 'where's his boy part?'  Then it occurred to me and I thought, 'No way, another girl!  I just don't know how to look at these things obviously...'  Nope.  The technician confirmed, "It's a Girl!"  Really, anyway you look at it its positive.  My body is obviously handling a female pregnancy, which gives me HOPE that if we do try for a boy one more time I won't be as sick.  It won't be for a while though.  Our family will need a nice long break from sickness.  Plus we have ALL the bedding and clothing we could need.  Another huge plus.  We are excited.  We were hoping for a boy because it would mean we were done.  But oh well.  The Lord knows what he's doing.

So there you have it.  As Mr. N said, "Yeah, just throw one more girl on the pile!"

8 comments:

skcoe said...

WHAT?! I can't believe it! That's awesome news though, congratulations!

Randi said...

I guess my guess was wrong. But congratulations on another girl! Just think of Mr.N surrounded by all these lovely ladies!

Unknown said...

yay!!!!! Your 3 girls are going to be the bestest of friends. :) I have an older sister and a younger sister, and we loved growing up with each other, and have been such good friends. Congratulations!!

Kristin Hanson said...

Congrats!! I remember you telling me back when you were preggo with L that you knew you had a boy waiting for you - guess you'll have 4 kids now, huh? ;)

Katherine Ronachert said...

:)

Marisa Jean said...

Totally know the feeling of a male presence, only to discover that "male" was jus the second half of the name "female."

At least you've got everything, right? :) I'm still excited for you!

Carolyn said...

Congratulations! Your girls are going to have so much fun together!

Mrs. S said...

Thanks everyone. I'm still a bit overwhelmed at the idea of all that estrogen in one house...but I'm getting use to it. Its weird making the adjustment from the baby inside of me being a boy (I was so sure!) to a girl. I'm getting excited for another girl now though. Thank heavens we have everything too! If only I could have seen the future 4+ years ago when I bought M's "Gender Nutral" car seat. I should have just gone with the pink!

Where are you From???