| Me at about 5-6 weeks pregnant. I hate these belly shots. I never know what to do with my hands. I figured I needed to document anyways though. |
I've hardly taken pictures of my girls (or anything for that matter) for months. Isn't that terrible. My future self in 10 years is going to want to look back and strangle my present self. I did manage to get some of the key points...like M's birthday. Overall though, it's been pitiful.
I think this was the last big snow storm we got.
Of course the girls wanted to play outside until they were frozen solid.
I included this one because as it turns out it is the last picture we have of our beloved Camry. Mr. N loved this car. It was his first car purchase. He slid off the road on the way to work (thanks to the last storm of the season) and the frame got bent. The insurance ended up totaling the car. We were going to get a van, but then someone gave us an old station wagon. A 93' Chevy station wagon. Nice. It was free though and had low miles considering the age. The engine is great, but it has some serious cosmetic problems...like rust holes. We want to make it last as long as possible though. Maybe through the whole master's program. It would save us a ton of money to not have a car payment and then when Mr. N graduates we can get the mini van we really want, as opposed to the one we can afford on a student budget.
The Wagon
This was M's birthday cake. She saw it in our cake decorating book and fell in love and wouldn't hear of having a different cake. I wasn't super thrilled with making all the roses, but it didn't end up being as bad as I expected. Some of the roses are pretty scary looking...but I was trusting the number of roses to cover up the mistakes on some of them. Her face was worth it in the end. She was so thrilled.
Blowing out the candles. She got to put them on herself this year and she did a great job placing them.
We just had cousins and 1 family of friends come join us for the party. It was pretty low key, but fun.
Enjoying the cake!

9 comments:
I love the cake! It's beautiful!!
WOW! That cake is amazing!!! You should feel very proud of yourself. The roses look great. I bet she was so happy. Can't believe are babies are FOUR! Also, you look great, miss pregnant lady! Did you really mean that you were 15-16 weeks in that picture? (instead of 5-6 weeks) My sister is having twins and she is 15 weeks in this picture...
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_sOW3VrE21L4/TXRgrpeAYwI/AAAAAAAAAxI/9bw0NcW2TBU/IMG_0338_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800
Crazy, huh?
Yeah, I'm 5-6 weeks in the picture. Thanks for the complements on the cake.
okay, sorry about that. You didn't look far along. How bout a recent belly shot? ;)
Yeah...I would but that would involve showing the world that I haven't done anything with my hair or put on makeup in almost 2 weeks. Plus the bronchitis makes wearing a bra impossible...and me without a bra is just plain scary! So that picture may have to wait a little bit! :)
Ha ha... Yep, understandable ;) hoping the sick parts pass very soon.
Your poor car--but way to score that free automobile! Sweet deal!
Little M looks so cute. You two produce some seriously adorable kids.
Don't be so hard on yourself. We all go through the hills and valleys of life ... whether it be taking family photos, journal writing, reading scriptures, housecleaning, etc... Sometimes we'll do great and at other times, well, maybe we just need to wait to climb out of the valley.
I think you're doing great taking care of your girls and getting through another hard pregnancy. Right now maybe not much else matters.
I love you lots and miss having you close!
The cake looks awesome! I didn't notice any mistakes on those roses!!! You have such amazing talent with that! Thanks for the picture updates!! You still look totally skinny and cute. And I so understand about the car. I'm thinking mine is about to give out for good. But I can't afford another, so what do ya do?
Post a Comment