Tuesday, March 22, 2011

3rd Attempt

This is the 3rd time I've started a new post.  I just keep coming to a dead end in the "blog updating" area.  We are anxiously engaged at this time in making preparations to move to Georgia.  Mr. N interviewed at a school there and we've decided to go to Georgia over Texas.  I can't remember the name of the school because they just changed their name in February (going from a College status to a University status).  It was The Medical College of Georgia though.  L and I accompanied Mr. N down to Georgia for the interview.  (We left miss M with Aunt Tara & Uncle Josh and their family for the trip).  I was surprised how much I liked the area.  It wasn't too small or too big.  Texas would have been nice because we would have been a lot closer to family...a definite plus...but we felt better about the program in Georgia.  Now we're trying to find a place to live, etc.  School doesn't start until August 23rd, so technically we don't have to be there until then, but things are complicated by the fact that the baby is due the 25th of August (or there abouts).  That means we need to get there early enough to where I won't have any difficulty getting into a doctor.  I also really don't want to induce with this pregnancy, but that's hard too because it would be easier to have the baby before school starts versus after.  Scheduling is always easier, but I really want to experience what its like to go into labor on my own.  There's a good chance this will be my last pregnancy, so I might not get another chance.  All these fun decisions.  It makes me want to just put off making any decision and curl up and watch a movie or something.

As for other news, things with the pregnancy are much improved.  The nausea has let up a lot...to the point where there are actually times I feel normal.  Weird.  I didn't expect to feel normal until after August.  I've never had the nausea let up like this.  It's almost surreal.  Since nausea hasn't been the predominant symptom lately, I've been able to experience other symptoms I haven't noticed before (trust me...severe nausea kind of eclipses everything else!).  I've had a lot of fatigue and headaches, but compared to the nausea, that's nothing.  Oh, I'm also way more emotional that I every have been with other pregnancies.  I'll start crying over nothing...literally.  I'll be sitting around with nothing really on my mind, then I'm crying.  Mood swings too...I've had a lot of those.  That really makes life pleasant.  But anyways, all those symptoms aren't a big deal at all.  Its so much better that constant, unyeilding nausea.

The bronchitis is a pain in the rear.  It's taking FOREVER for my lungs to clear.  The littlest things wind me.  Its crazy.  3 months ago I was a regular runner.  Now I get winded going up and down the stairs a couple times.  How long does this last.  I'm afraid by the time my lungs finally clear the baby will be so big I won't be able to breath that way.  Oh well.  Count your blessings!

And just a random note...today L was laying on her stomach in the kitchen coloring in a coloring book.  She had her little ankles crossed in the air...and the cutest part was that all she was wearing was a tee shirt, so her little rear was just hanging out (no panties...I have the hardest time keeping underwear on that child!).  It was so adorable, but of course I couldn't find the camera.  What a shame.  It was such a great shot!

4 comments:

FRYBABY said...

Glad to hear that your nausea let up!! I worried about you! Hope some of my suggestions helped.....prayer was most likely the BEST helper!

Unknown said...

A lot of changes are happening all at once! How cool that you are moving to Georgia!!! :) Good luck getting all of the dr set up and stuff. I had to deal with that a little when I moved here and 6 months pregnant with maiya, but you will be a lot closer! So glad the nausea isn't your only friend right now. So funny about your emotions and mood swings.

Wendy Lady said...

It's good to hear that you are feeling better. It's hard to be sick when you have two little ones running around.

I'm glad that you like Georgia. That will make the transition a little easier.

Life is just one challenge ... and one blessing ... after another, isn't it???

Marisa Jean said...

I love the story at the end. Ha ha...too cute!

And sorry about the emotions with pregnancy. That's rough.

I'm excited to hear how Georgia goes and hope it's a smooth move for you!

Where are you From???