
Yesterday was our anniversary. Three Years. We were married December 28, 2004 in the
Las Vegas Temple. It was pouring rain that day...all day. It never rains in Vegas, and when it does it is usually a quick storm. My father-in-law said he had never seen a storm like that in Vegas in all the 10-something years he had lived there.
Neither Mr. N nor I remembered it was our anniversary until half way through the day! How sad is that!!!
It went something like this:
I was driving home with our little one chattering away in the back seat. I was listening to the radio and they were saying something like "How are you going to bring in the New Year?"
That got me thinking about how we had been on our honeymoon on New Years.
Then I thought, wait, we should be having an anniversary any day now!
I opened my phone to check the date, and there it was
December 28
I started laughing. It was hilarious to me that I had forgotten.
What to do next? Call Mr. N of course!
So, I called and said, "So, wanna know what I just found out?"
In a somewhat distracted, mildly interested voice Mr. N said, "Sure, what's that?"
"Look at the calender at today's date"
I hear him rustling around and then he starts laughing.
"I can't believe we both forgot!" came his reply
We had a good laugh over it. I told him not to worry about getting me a card or gift because I hadn't done so for him, nor had I been anticipating one since I hadn't known it was our anniversary anyways.
Like a good husband he brought me home a beautiful arrangement of Roses and Lilies anyways.
Very Classy!
We're going out to eat tonight.

7 comments:
oh my goodness, that is too funny! what a nice hubby to get you flowers anyway:)
So cute, and so SO true. Darren and I did that on our 8th, but I'm proud to say that up until that point we always remembered.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
happy anniversary.
belated.
Awww! What a good husband :)! Happy belated anniversary! Oh, and yes, I am moving to WA when I finish my degree in August. I want to be close to my mom, siblings, nieces, and nephews.
That is so cute! and what a good story to tell!
A rainy wedding day is a good omen. We had thunderstorms from morning until night ... it never let up. We'll celebrate 32 years this summer!
Post a Comment