Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tasty Snack


When L goes outside, the dinner bell rings. The bugs LOVE this child. She seriously can be outside 5 minutes and get 10-20 bug bites. The last 2 bites she got swelled up HUGE! Is this normal? Last year at the beginning of the summer when M first got bug bites, they got pretty swollen, but then her body seemed to adjust and they were normal bug bites. With L they seem to be getting worse! Is it possible to be allergic to bug bites? The last one on her foot I saw soon after she was bitten and it looked like a normal little bite. An hour later I looked at her foot and was shocked at how swollen it was! Notice the bug bite on her head. Not as swollen, but still. After 24 hours the swelling went down, so there appears to be no lasting harm.

4 comments:

Lauren Davison said...

Well, people are allergic to bees, so I'll bet it is possible to be allergic to other bugs! I would go nuts with bug bites that big! I was whining about one I just got on my big toe earlier today, but now I feel like a pansy! :)

Nat said...

I'm allergic to insect bites. When I get bit the area gets red and hot and swells up sometimes as big as a halved-tennis ball, but it usually goes down a few hours later. Not much to worry about except the itch. Aveeno makes an anti-itch cream that works great, or just recently I bought an anti-itch stick from Walmart in the camping section tnat you just press the sponge down on the insect bite quick, and that seems to help too. Good luck, poor girl!

Marisa Jean said...

That gives me the heebie-geebies. I'm so scared of my kiddo getting bitten just because of this. by the way, Baby L is looking so much like you! It's crazy.

Anonymous said...

both my boys swelled up like that when they were younger. ~k

Where are you From???