So today M demonstrated one of her father's talents. Mr. N is able to catch flies in his hands...it's kind of gross...but impressive. M was playing with a little plastic Cinderella doll today (the kind that has no feet, but a plastic skirt that goes to the ground so it has a flat bottom). She was telling me that there was a fly in the living room and that I needed to come get it. The girls LOVE to watch me get flies with the fly swatter. They're really into death right now...if something dies they want to thoroughly examine it, etc. I guess it's a stage. Anyways, I was in the middle of making lunch when M was calling me to kill the fly, so I didn't go right away. About a minute later I heard M say, "Nevermind Mom, I got it!" I was completely shocked that she killed a fly. I figured it must have been an exceedingly dense/slow fly for her to be able to get it...she's only 3! I would have gone with that assumption except for the fact that she killed a second fly about an hour later! I don't know how she's able to do it, but she kills them with the Cinderella doll (which we wash of course!). Nasty! Impressive. I'm not sure which!

2 comments:
Ha Ha! Awesome!!! I am so glad you documented this... because you will definitely want to remember it. that sure is a handy talent to have! Quincey is really into dissecting dead insects as well, so glad to know that other kids this age are into it as well... must be a stage.
Ha Ha! Awesome!!! I am so glad you documented this... because you will definitely want to remember it. that sure is a handy talent to have! Quincey is really into dissecting dead insects as well, so glad to know that other kids this age are into it as well... must be a stage.
Post a Comment