On Saturday I got a very rare treat. I wanted to go to the DC Temple, but was nervous about taking the girls down because of the snow on the ground. There's only so much you can do when there's snow on the ground! Mr. N then volunteered to stay home with the girls so my mom and I could go without having to worry about them. I was torn because I really wanted him to come with us, but also I didn't want them to be cooped up all day. In the end I decided to take him up on his offer. My mom and I left well before the girls got up and got to the temple by 8:30. After that we stopped by the LDS bookstore (a must of course!) and grabbed a bite to eat at a Vietnamese place. It was pretty good, but of course as we were leaving I saw that they had a Five Guys right there too that I'd managed to overlook initially. I was so disappointed because I've been dying to try their hamburgers for about a year now. The Vietnamese food was really good and I saved about half of it to take home to Mr. N (something I usually do if I eat out without him). We made the trip home, but had to make a few more stops. We didn't get back until bedtime for the girls, so I was really only with them for about 30 minutes. It was nice and very strange. I've never had a whole day off from the girls since L was born. Mr. N said they had a good day together. He said L was a handful...which she is. She's like an unstoppable force of nature really! She's so adorable, but will drive you nuts because she never stops getting into things. I tell people understanding what it's like to live with L is like understanding child birth. You just need to experience it! We love her though. She really is adorable.
And poor Mr. N. I gave him the leftovers, which he started eating and really enjoyed. That is until he bit into a toothpick and had it stab the top of his mouth! Whoops. I had grabbed a toothpick from the restaurant before we'd left to use on my teeth. I didn't end up using it, but instead stuck it between the lid of the leftover container. I guess as we drove home it fell down into the rice noodles where it blended in perfectly until Mr. N bit into it! He swears that if he had bit any harder it would have done some pretty serious damage! Poor guy. You always have to be on guard at our house. You never know when you'll be under attack!

3 comments:
I want to guess at the movie quote...is it Ice Age; Dawn of the Dinosaurs? And my name is Chole (Show-lee). I hope that you're not weirded out that I read your blog even though I don't know you...
How funny. I think L is so adorable I am willing to try to live with her, to know what it's like! Send her here! Both of your girls for that matter.
i still can't get over how much l looks like you...
Post a Comment