Thursday, March 25, 2010

Go to Sleep, Mommy!

(here's a picture of M actually going night-night)

On Monday, after I had put L down for her afternoon nap, I decided to try and get M to fall asleep. She really does need a nap, but unfortunately the girls won't nap together in the same room and I don't have anywhere else to put M to nap. Our room is generally out of the question because there's way too much stuff to cause trouble with. But, I decided to try. I put on Cinderella and laid M down, and then left to do some random things. She was very quiet, and after about 15 minutes I checked on her. She was just laying on the bed watching the movie, but of course when she saw me she snapped right out of that and wanted to play. Darn it! So then I tried to lay down next to her and told her that Mommy wanted to go night-night with her. All she understood from that (or choose to understand) was that mommy wanted to go to sleep. She said to me, Okay, night night mommy! and she left the room. I was going to go after her, but decided to just lay there for a minute. After a few seconds M came in carrying my camera (always a cause for concern) and gave it to me saying, "Here you go Mommy! Night night!" and then she left the room again. (I'm not quite sure why she felt I needed the camera...although I'm grateful she gave it to me!) Then after a few seconds she came into the room again carrying my glass of water (we always give the girls water before they go to bed). She said, "Here you go Mom, do you want some water?" I told her yes and took a drink. She held her arms out for the water, so I gave it back to her and thanked her. She then gave me a kiss on the head and told me "Night night" again. Then she left the room and closed the door. It was so adorable, and I would have seriously loved to actually go to bed, but I thought it better to not let a 3-year-old have the run of the house unsupervised! I wish I could get tucked in like that every night!

1 comment:

Eliza said...

A nap would be lovely. What a little sweetheart M was for taking care of you so well.

Where are you From???