
A few weeks ago I was driving somewhere with the girls, and for whatever reason I needed to step on the breaks (not really had...but enough to make us all go forward a little bit). M was so funny, because after I hit the breaks M said from the back seat, "Oh mommy, please don't do that again!" It was so dang funny! I feel like both girls are getting big so quickly. It's hard to believe that L is older that M was when L was born. I find myself looking at them and saying, How did this happen!

L is speaking so much too. She speaks in little sentences and likes to tell us when she (or anyone else) is sad. That seems to be her favorite emotion. She is a handful, as usual, but she is incredibly cuddly and sweet, which we love.
The other day I asked M where L was (a commonly asked question...usually if we can't hear/see L it is a very bad thing...she's usually into some kind of mischief). Usually it's mischief of a destructive nature. Anyways, normally M will reply something like this, "I don't know, (then after assessing where L is she'll say) over there!" This time she responded to me, "She's over there, reading a book." Sure enough, there was L in the corner reading a book. M is also saying prayers all by herself now. Granted she blesses the food each time, whether of not we are eating, but it is still incredibly heartwarming to see them pray. I feel like it gives me a little insight into how Heavenly Father must feel to see us trying sincerely to do the right things.
I have sister-in-laws that are incredibly creative people. They make holidays very fun for their children. I like holidays, but I don't have a lot of foresight to make them really fun for our girls. Kind of a loser, I know. But, anyways, I decided to try and have a little fun with St. Patrick's day. The girls wore green, ate green eggs and ham for breakfast, and then as a special treat I made these rainbow cupcakes! I LOVE how they turned out! They were a bit of work, because you had to dye the white batter into the six colors (the easy part) and then layer them layer by layer in the cupcake papers. That took a bit of work, but the outcome was beautiful! M was thrilled. I absolutely love rainbows. I'm not crazy about the symbol the rainbow has become in our society because that's not what it stands for in my mind. For me it stands for the covenant made between God and man after Noah and the Ark that there wouldn't be another great flood. But anyways, that's a whole other blog post (and since I obviously haven't been that great at blogging lately I'm not likely to get to it!). Anyways, the sum being M and I love the rainbow cupcakes. L just wanted cake. She's not picky and she keeps life simple...If it tastes good and doesn't move faster than she does, it will be eaten!

Here are some pretty pictures of the girls in matching dresses. We had a relatively warm day and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to dress them in these sweet dresses. M was quick to comment that she looked like Sleeping Beauty!

2 comments:
princess, princess, princesses...
Hi friend!
The girls are so cute and beautiful. It is crazy how big they are. I just found some old pictures of Bence and M together and they are both so big now.
I love the cute dresses too- you have a beautiful family.I miss you
Post a Comment