Saturday, March 17, 2012

Easter's On the Horizon


Elle got creative during lunch the other day.  It was so cute I had to take a picture!  Today Elle came in the kitchen and was walking around meowing.  I asked her if she was a kitty and she said yes, so I called her, "Here kitty, kitty, kitty!"  I'm not sure exactly was was going through her head, but her response was really funny.  She looked at me with a somewhat exasperated look and said, "Mom, some kitties walk around like this..." (and proceeded to walk around on two feet...we had just watched Puss n' Boots, so I'm not sure if when I called her she was thinking I was calling a 4-legged cat...and clearly she was pretending to be a 2-legged cat.  Silly me.)


Louie sitting with her dad.  She LOVES dad.  I still can't get over how readily this child smiles for the camera.


Art time!  The girls are really into painting flowers for me.  I have about a million pictures of flowers.  They're so cute.  They both have their own style of flower too.


How can you not smile!


I got the girls all excited today to open up the box with Easter decorations today.  They cleaned their room and the living room and were all ready to get going.  We pulled the "Easter" box out and opened it...only to be greatly disappointed.  It contained 90% Easter eggs and a couple stuffed rabbits and this head band.  For some reason I thought we actually had Easter decorations!  It was a bit of a let-down.  We're going to have to get online for creative ideas to make our decorations this year.  I feel so bad for the girls.  They keep asking, "So mom, are we going to decorate for Easter now???"

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I know what you mean about decorations- most of ours are gifts from other people. Buying decorations fall into the "when we're not students anymore" category of the budget. I made this last year, and it turned out so cute I saved it! We used cotton balls for the tails, and the kids loved gluing them on.

http://servingpinklemonade.blogspot.com/2011/04/bunny-banner.html

You'll have to post any good decorations you find.

And you're right- there is nothing cuter than a baby in bunny ears!

Where are you From???