A few weeks ago Mr. N went on a camp out with the young men. The next day he explained to the girls where he'd been and they immediately wanted to camp out too. So he told them they could go "camping" in the back yard the following weekend.
| Emmy showing me the instructions for assembling the tent. |
The girls were super excited. Friday evening we broke out the tent in the back yard. We even let the grass grow to make it look more wildernessey out back. Okay maybe not. We're having trouble with our lawn mower...
Dad assembled the tent with the girls.
We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for the occasion as well.
I was really impressed how well the tent came together...considering the only finger I lifted was to take a picture!
Roasting Marshmallows followed for our homemade smores. Those were a hit!
Elle eating her smore! They did sleep outside too! Mr. N said it was a long night. Sometime during the night it really started to rain and by 3 ish in the morning they discovered the tent was leaking. At that point Mr. N relocated the girls and himself and they finished their camp out sleeping on the living room floor! The girls had a great time. I love seeing them have fun with their father. He really is such a great dad.

2 comments:
This is the stuff great memories are made of! (And it's my type of camping... With indoor plumbing a few feet away :)).
This is such a cute daddy-daughter moment. I'm impressed he got them all inside solo. Neal is such a good, involved dad. I'm impressed with him!
Post a Comment