When we left our life in Utah and headed to New Jersey so Mr. N could study in NYC we had to sell almost 90% of what we owned and had collected over our then 3 1/2 years of marriage. You could say we took the road less traveled. We always joke: "What do you do with a degree in Spanish and minor in Pre Dental...You go to Art School. What do you do after going to Art School? You get a Master's in Medical Illustration." Its funny to us. The point is we really have been guided here. Sometimes I think it would have been a lot easier to have the inspiration come while Mr. N was in his undergrad that we would need to do a Master's in Medical Illustration...but the Lord doesn't often work that way. Its a process that's dependent on our growth and our choices. He had some amazing opportunities studying in New York and even now we are intrigued by the idea of returning thereabouts. Anyways, the point is when we set off for New York we planned on returning to the Utah/Nevada area. That was our plan. We didn't doubt it. Consequently most of the stuff we kept that we didn't immediately need in NJ we left with Mr. N's family. Our art work that decorated our walls would be among those things. On the encouragement of a friend I had the girls paint some flowers and we threw them in some really cheap frames and put them up on the wall. I love their flowers. Elle did the one in the middle and the one on the right with the sun. Emmy did the one on the left, which she says in her "perfect rose".
Mr N has also started a portrait of me. Its fun to sit for him. I haven't really done it a lot before because its just hard to find the time. We've had to take a little time off too because he has a big test coming up next week that's taking all his time. I'm a cheap model for him though, so as an artist he really has to take advantage of the resources that are at hand. :)
And this would be my first knitting project! Its a dish cloth. I'm surprised how much I enjoyed doing it. There are quite a few mistakes...but you can't really tell! Well, I can't really tell.
And this is grumpy Elle being served a salad for breakfast since she wouldn't eat it last night. Tough love. It didn't take long for her to eat her salad though so she could have a banana and cereal like her big sister.

1 comment:
One of my goals is to learn to knit. Maybe I should start with something like that.
I also love the. Egining of the portrait. So beautiful!
Post a Comment