Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What I am Not

Before...

What I am not is a beautician.  Is that a word?  Google says it is so it must be.  I'm not great at cutting hair.  I can do a decent job on Mr. N's after years of practice.  Even then I'm not great.  I've now entered the realm of cutting girls hair.  We have 3 girls...that's a lot of hair.  If I can get the gist of cutting their hair while they are young that will save us a lot of money.  Plus the last time I took Elle in to get a hair cut I was so irritated that they only took off 1/4-1/2 an inch and charged me $10 for it!  I thought, "I could do that!  What a joke!"  Well, as it turns out I really can't do that, but I still will and it won't cost me $10. 

Elle's hair is still recovering from when her older sister practically scalped her last summer.  It desperately needed a cut, so I finally got up the nerve to cut it.

After...

I'm no super thrilled with how it turned out.  It's okay.  I was having a REALLY hard time getting her to keep still for me.  She kept tilting her head towards me on whatever side I was on.  I almost didn't cut anything on top because...well she'd had a short bob done after the scalping and that's still growing out.  It doesn't look great, but it will do.  Wisely I chose the picture to post that makes it look the most even.  I imagine I'll revisit her hair after we've both had a rest from the experience and trim it up a bit more.  That's the good thing of living with your hairdresser...

4 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

OH! I give my boys ice pops when I cut their hair. Give's me about 1-2 minutes of stillness.

Katherine Ronachert said...

OH! I give my boys ice pops when I cut their hair. Give's me about 1-2 minutes of stillness.

Katherine Ronachert said...

OH! I give my boys ice pops when I cut their hair. Give's me about 1-2 minutes of stillness.

Marisa Jean said...

I think it looks great! Just wish my child would hold still for more than 5seconds so I could give her a haircut.

Where are you From???