Elle is a "Do it yourself" kind of gal. A few months back she became insistent that she would make her own PB&J sandwiches. I was reluctant, because after all, its easier and generally cleaner if I do it myself. I let her though. It wasn't worth the fight and I do need to be better at letting my children become self sufficient. I don't want to do everything for them all the time. They'd grow up to be useless adults... Anyways, she has become quite the expert sandwich maker, and she's not even that messy! I do think she eats quite a bit of the peanut butter in the process...but that's okay.
This is the part I usually have to help her with, though she still isn't that crazy about my assistance.
The fruit of her labors...
Louie is becoming mobile. She rolls and scoots in about a 4 foot radius, though I don't think she yet realizes she's getting places. She just wants to be somewhere and ends up there. She had her 6 mo appointment today. She's 13 lbs 6 oz and in the 10th percentile for height and weight. I've never had a baby that small, but she has put on almost a pound since starting formula. Before I took this photo, Louie had been sucking on the leg of this chair. It was so odd and funny that I tried to get a shot of it, but she wouldn't do it again. That's probably good though because I don't think it tasted that good.

2 comments:
Did you see the article in the March Ensign about helicopter parenting? You and the author are on the same page! I really need to do better with letting e do stuff.
no I'll have to check it out! It really is hard to take the time to teach them to do the things that take me a minute or so to do. I must say though it is nice to be able to ask them to do something and have it done right. Such a catch 22. I think we all could do better... :)
Post a Comment