Wednesday, August 31, 2011

So Far So Good


Our baby girl is 1 week old!  It's hard to believe that much time has passed.  I love the whole giving birth experience (labor's not so fun...) and time in the hospital with the new little one.  I'm always sad when that's over.  You spend 9 months looking forward to it and it seems like its over in no time.  The hospital is always "our time" to get to know each other.  That still goes on at home of course, its just no longer one-on-one.  This baby girl looks remarkably like our other two, more so like miss M than L.  She was born with blond hair, which is different than the other two who were born with brown hair that lightened up.  She has blue eyes and a very red/pink complexion.  Her feet are a little longer that M & L's feet were...probably because she has long toes.


The girls are loving being older sister's.  They are constantly wanting to hug & kiss their new sister.  L has shown a tiny bit of jealously, but its mainly just wanting to be held more than before.  Here she is doing one of her favorite past times with grandma.  L loves doing puzzles and she's so good at them!  She also loves dress-up.


I think I have a picture of the girls holding the baby from every day of her life.  They love to hold her...and they absolutely must have their picture taken each time they hold her so they can see it.  So far the adjustment to 3 hasn't been bad.  I was only on my own for 24 hrs though before my mom arrived.  She leaves tomorrow.  I don't know what I'll do without her.  Its going to be so hard to say goodbye this time because I know its going to be for a long time.  I wish we lived close to all our family.  Extended family support is such a blessing.


Mr. N has a magical touch with newborns.  I think holding them is very therapeutic for him...and he seems to always put them in a comatose state.  I love watching him with out newborns.  Its just so sweet.

My mom with all our girls. 

Our cute little girl.  She is blessed to be so loved by all the family around her!

And here's M holding her baby sister.  She is such a good sister and so sweet and loving towards her younger sisters.  I love having girls.  I seriously would be perfectly happy having all girls.  I'd love a son too, but I wouldn't mind if The Lord sent us all girls.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Especially when you make such beautiful girls! Looks lik adjustment is going well!

Where are you From???